LITTLEBUDDYS FLIGHT GEAR (AN ONGOING SAGA)

littlebuddy

After much deliberation with not having any kind of mannequin to display my gear , my good lady said "put it on and ill take some pics"

so off i went and decided to try it all on !! these are the first pics of my flight gear all together for the first time ever !

all the items are original as im sure you would have guessed

i will detail the items accordingly

LB

Starting at the top helmet type A11 goggles type b8 oxygen mask type A14 glasses sun type an6531

life vest type B4 jacket type B10 flight pants type A9 gloves type a10 with rayon liners boots type a1 (as i havnt got any original A6a's YET! but they are exactly the same as the A6a )

i dont think i have forgotten anything !!

post-106122-0-59311300-1376831150.jpg

My hat goes off to all those brave young men who had to wear all this gear plus a chute !! i was sweating just trying it on !!! never mind "driving a bird" !!!

I have done this one to show the original "bancroft flighter" crusher and the headset along with the B15 AGAIN SUNGLASSES ARE THE an6531 ( because i wear glasses, the sunglasses are worn to try and keep the pics authentic )

post-106122-0-25103600-1376833510.jpg

doinworkinvans

Are we back in '43???!! Looks good Carl - I'll catch up to you hopefully one day...THUMBS UP!!

Are we back in '43???!! Looks good Carl - I'll catch up to you hopefully one day...THUMBS UP!!

Hold on to your joy stick as there is more to come !! :) no point in having all this gear and not showing it off!!

LB

the B9 parka and A9 flight pants with a pair of Type A12 mittens on the head is the classic B2 cold weather cap this one is made by SHAW BARTON

post-106122-0-63813300-1376836302.jpg

Type B11 PARKA with type a9 flight pants

there are a few differences between both parkas namely the B9 being quilted and the B11 being an alpaca lined the B11 has take up straps on the wrists as well where the b9 did not

post-106122-0-57410700-1376836568.jpg

due to my size i cant show you the Type A8 flight pants being worn they are a massive size 46-48 !!!! I look like the michellin man in them !!!

i would just like to add that most of the above gear i inherited from my late uncle without whom i would have never got into the USAAF collecting mode , and also to a couple or 3 members on this forum who have so kindly helped me accumulate even more gear !! you know who you are !!! i tip my hat to you all many many thanks , i hope to do some more pics next weekend which will include the flight suits and helmets etc !!

LB

Be honest Carl...you just like dressing up in it, don't you?! :D Seriously though, you have some top-notch gear there covering a range of styles. First class at-a-glance reference material!

thanks for the comments guys!! and it is quite a surreal feeling wearing this clothing , in just the few minutes i was wearing the items i cant describe the feeling of awkwardness of the gear !! and they flew aircraft wearing this !! totally unbeliveable !!!

Good on ya Carl. Heck of a collection ya have going on there. Your B10 is in nice shape for sure too.

Now all you need is the plane.....

Good on ya Carl. Heck of a collection ya have going on there. Your B10 is in nice shape for sure too.

Now all you need is the plane.....

If you look in the wanted section you might see my post !!! lol "wanted P51 MUST BE IN USEABLE CONDITION " :lol:

LB