Armored Patches Worn On Chest

seanmc1114

Just now, patches said:

A 50s 61st Tank Battalion 9th Infantry Division, West Germany. Armored Triangle obscured by collar.

61st tankk.PNG

61st tank bn.PNG

But here's a nice example of the patch in question, nice unused example.

61st tankko.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Apache Jack said:

My grandfather Donald E. Jackson in Korea sometime from 1957 on. 

20231215_134914.jpg

That’s a really cool patch.

An interesting find, III Corps patch being worn on the chest of this Stuart crew, unit unknown, as we cant see the Hull Numbers, probably one of the Separate Tank Battalions. Believe this is in Camp Roberts California, 1943-44. III Corps goes to directly to France in August 1944 (See enlargement below).

3rd corps.jpg

ii coprsa.PNG

easterneagle87

FB page posting. A bunch of 40th Armor "GRIZZLY" triangles. Officers wearing Infantry crossed rifle branch insignia. It appears that the SFC standing behind the LTC's right shoulder is wearing Korean era green on blue backing chevrons rather than the yellow on green chevrons the other sergeants and ranks are wearing.     

Screenshot 2023-12-26 231203.png

Screenshot 2023-12-26 231106.png

Armor Triangle sighting, here with the old 49th Infantry Division of the California National Guard. Could be for a few Armor units that were in the "Argonaut Division" in the 60s, 1959 to 1963 either the 1st Battalion 149th Armor (Tanks) or the 2nd Squadron 149th Armor (Reconnaissance), 1963 to 1968  1st and or 2nd Battalions 249th Armor or 1st Squadron, 170th Cavalry.

49th div.jpg

49er.PNG

Saw this on Facebook today, in a Group called US Military Collectibles "Make Offer" Page. I've never seen an airborne oval over an armor patch before. Looks like the oval has a small armor triangle in it as well. Thought I would share because I thought it was cool. Post says 76th Tank Battalion, 11th Airborne Shirt. Almost looks like someone wrote "76" on the patch. Anyone have any info on this type of setup?

Thanks,

Karl

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3193.jpeg

easterneagle87

Was researching OD7 Herringbone shirts and saw this one that sold on eBay. 4th Armored but the patch is over the right pocket. 

IMG_7973.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Another mid to late 50s 30th Armored Division M43 HBT Shirt, Armored Triangle worn without the tab, the VOLUNTEERS Tab.

30thh.PNG

30th.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

A 60s 5th Infantry Division one, on a OG Wool Shirt. Could be for either the 1st or 3rd Battalions 77th Armor or the 4th Squadron 12th Cavalry.

5th divd tri.PNG

5th divb tri.PNG

5th divv tri.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
easterneagle87

Posted by "Patches" on another topic, but seems appropriate to post here as well.  7th of the 35th Armor

7 & 35 Armor.jpg

Noticed there wasn't a 2AD BDU posted in this thread, so thought I would add the one that I wore in 1982/83 while stationed at "Fort Cavazos".   BDU is the initial "Elvis" collar type with 1981 contract date on the label.

2AD.jpg

8 hours ago, KurtA said:

Noticed there wasn't a 2AD BDU posted in this thread, so thought I would add the one that I wore in 1982/83 while stationed at "Fort Cavazos".   BDU is the initial "Elvis" collar type with 1981 contract date on the label.

2AD.jpg

Interesting U.S. ARMY Tape on your ODs, like a 60s one, stateside and or overseas made, where and when was it made?

6 hours ago, patches said:

Interesting U.S. ARMY Tape on your ODs, like a 60s one, stateside and or overseas made, where and when was it made?

I ordered those mail order from Topper Mfg (aka “Denmark”) of NYC in 1979.  Along with matching name tapes.  

On 2/7/2024 at 7:34 AM, KurtA said:

I ordered those mail order from Topper Mfg (aka “Denmark”) of NYC in 1979.  Along with matching name tapes.  

Interesting, just one more question, what is the material made of?

On 2/7/2024 at 7:34 AM, KurtA said:

• 2 weeks later...

This I believe is a very early 81st Infantry Brigade (Sep) shirt for a GI of E Troop 82nd Cavalry, the brigade is activated in January 1968, but the familiar shoulder patch as seen off to the side is adopted in May 1970, so the brigade probably wore for first two plus yeas of its service the shoulder patch of Headquarters Washington State National Guard.

washh.PNGs-l1600.png.ddea05e35e39cb4d54d89fe74c36cb24.png

wash ng.PNG

• 1 month later...
easterneagle87

Here's another 4th Armor shirt (later version than the one I posted in #562) that was amongst a group of uniforms recently sold on FB Military Memorabilia Collectors page. Interesting that the khaki shirts and uniform jackets also listed had the 2nd INF Indian head patch on the right shoulder.  

4th AR.jpg

seanmc1114

Members of Company B 1st Battalion 73rd Armor of the 7th Infantry Division in Korea in the mid-60s.

Armored Chest Patch.1-73rd Armor.1.jpg

Armored Chest Patch.1-73rd Armor.2.jpg

Armored Chest Patch.1-73rd Armor.3.jpg

Armored Chest Patch.1-73rd Armor.4.jpg

easterneagle87

Offered Korean era shirt currently up on FB Marketplace. Interesting, as it has the US Infantry Center patch on the left shoulder. 

INF Center ARMOR.jpg

patches

Hmm maybe from the Tank Company of the 29th Infantry around 1955-58, 29th Infantry Regiment Pre CARS/Pentomic.

inf sch.PNG

patches

A mid 50s OG-107 with Burst of Glory Tack Buttons shirt from the old 96th Deadeye Division of the Reserves in the South West. If pre 1958-59, then for either the division's 24th Tank Battalion, the division's 96th Reconnaissance Company, or one of the Infantry Regimental Tank Companies of one of the Infantry Regiments  of the division. If past this date, then for either the 8th Battalion 40th Armor, or the 4th Squadron 8th Cavalry. The division is essentially inactivated in February 1963 as a combat division, downgraded as a headquarters type organization, officially inactivated in December 1965. Elmts of the division go on to form the newly activated 191st Infantry Brigade (Separate) of the Reserves in February 1963.

96th.PNG

96thh.jpg