Where are all the Korean War Reenactors?

panzerkopf

Over the past few months, I've developed a powerful interest in the Korean War and I'm very interested in reenacting it. Sadly, from what I can tell, it's dead. All I find now are dead links and pictures of events that happened four years ago. I see no evidence of any KW reenacting activity after around 2009. Are these organizations just really low-key and hard to find or is it really over for KW?

Most 're-enactors' of the less popular timeframes for re-enacting normally just do displays for anniversaries and most actually do other time periods. All the KW folks I've ever seen were WW2 re-enactors who just broke out a few different items to portray KW era and all put their stuff away after the 50th anniversary. I'm not familiar with any actual tactical re-enactments of that timeframe...

Hey, I do Korean War Reenacting...I have a couple of guys that do it as well, trying to chip in to get a decent Willy Jeep, though...

Captainofthe7th

I've found that most KW reenactors do displays vs. tactical events. There's a 40th ID unit out in Cali, I think, that used to and maybe still does some events, but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't say it's over for Korea, but that it really never started.

Like the others have said here, it's usually a one man show, but I like it that way. I end up getting a lot of positive attention for being the one guy doing Korea. And the veterans LOVE it and that's what is important to me.

Rob

• 2 months later...
dan_the_hun84

Too bad it is the "Forgotten War" in this field as well, considering the many thousands of men and women who served and sacrificed so much in those 3 years. I guess since its sandwiched between WW2 and Vietnam, it got the middle child treatment as well in the history books

Pogranichnik92

My unit does Korean War, as well. Although I primarily portray 24th Infantry Division, 21st Infantry Regiment, we also have a few of us who do North Korean People's Army, as well! That one will have to come in a separate post since this damn thing won't let me put multiple photos in a single post... Sorry for the issues!

post-142026-0-11721900-1384387687.jpg

Pogranichnik92

And as promised, just to throw it it out there, here's one of our unit members that portrays North Korean People's Army. And he's actually Korean!

post-142026-0-30711100-1384387931.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think its great you have a few guys doing NKPA....BZ! So rare....I prefer doing living history vs tactical. Been there, done that...something about redoing the hills of Camp Casey, Camp Hovey and such that just takes the J out of JOY for me. lol