The "Planes" are coming.... soon!

Sabrejet

Maybe you could add a review in the movie section after you've seen it Kat? It opens here a little later in the month.

I love that the old timer plane is a Corsair. That is one of my two favorite planes! I will definitely let you know if it is a good movie.

Saw it today with my Flight Attendant daughter and 2 grandsons. 14 & 12. We all enjoyed it. It's all-age animated movie for anyone who likes AeroPlanes! Bobgee

?........ It's all-age animated movie for anyone who likes AeroPlanes! Bobgee

OH Bob....now you gave it away. :( I guess I'll have to wait for the video.

With a soundtrack featuring the ELO and the one and only John Cleese voicing the British plane (a Comet?)

We saw the movie as a family on Saturday in 3D. I thought it was really great. Not the most edge-of-the-seat movie I've ever seen (in fact, my wife thought the first half was rather "slow") but it was entertaining and the kids really liked it. I'd recommend seeing it, especially if you have young kids or grandkids.

These CGI movies like "Toy Story" and "Cars" etc., are popular with kids because of the lovable characters and the colourful action scenes etc...but in reality they are more adult-orientated because the humour is very sharp and beyond most kids.

( Note to Mods: I posted it in this forum because of the "military" planes in the movie, but maybe it would be better if it was moved to the movies forum?)

Cobrahistorian

I saw it Saturday with my boys. They loved it! Nearly identical story to Cars, but it was a fun movie!

Saw it last Saturday with my 4 year old plane loving son. They did a nice job sneaking in enough historical references for the plane loving dad while keeping the little guy very entertained :)

Johnny Signor

Boss Boss , de Plaaaaaannnes De Plaaaaannnnnes :D

Hope to see it hear soon too , looks like a good one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's already a "Copy cat" type DVD out called "Planes" in Walmart ..........................

I liked the Corsair from the famous "Jolly Ranchers". I thought that was rather amusing but assume 99% of the people taking their kids to the movie didnt pick up on, or know what they were referring to.

Mike

At the Chino Air Museum, out here in Chino, CA, there was a promo event for planes before opening weekend.

A highlight of the event was the Air Museum's Corsair, which was flown over the museum.

Supposedly it was "the" Corsair used as reference for the film.

I saw the movie this weekend. While the kids and I did like it, I don't think it was worth the price of the movie ticket. When it costs more to go see a movie than it would be to buy it on DVD, it better be worth the big screen. I think the kids would have liked it just as much if we had waited to see it on DVD. Maybe I am just cheap but the price of a movie ticket these days is not worth the big screen.

....Kat

Awww Kat...you've dampened my expectations now! :( I loved both the "Cars" movies and assumed this one would be right up there with them. Never mind...I'm still going to go when it opens here next week! ;)

Awww Kat...you've dampened my expectations now! :( I loved both the "Cars" movies and assumed this one would be right up there with them. Never mind...I'm still going to go when it opens here next week! ;)

Ian,

Don't get me wrong. I did really like the movie. I loved seeing all of the planes. This one is right up there with the other "Cars" movies. I even thought about you when they showed the British plane. :D It just amazes me at the price of a movie these days.

....Kat

Ian,

Don't get me wrong. I did really like the movie. I loved seeing all of the planes. This one is right up there with the other "Cars" movies. I even thought about you when they showed the British plane. :D It just amazes me at the price of a movie these days.

....Kat

You should try buying a ticket in Saberjet's world. I saw Ironman when it came out and my ship had pulled into Portsmouth. The prices were the same as the US...just that the numbers stood for POUNDS instead of DOLLARS! And at $1.56 to the Pound, going to the movies in the UK is a seriously expensive hobby. :D

Ian,

....Kat

How sweet...I'm flattered, Kat! :blush: I've never been compared with John Cleese before! I know what you mean about movie ticket prices, and what Dave said above is right. If we go to the Imax to see a 3D movie it costs and arm and a leg these days! As for in-house popcorn, Ben & Jerry's and assorted candies etc., forget it! The mark-ups are ridiculous! :o I buy them beforehand in the local mini-market and smuggle 'em in! ( Does that make me a cheapskate...or just prudent?!)

Are we giving away any aeronautical secrets showing this movies to the world?? :(fear): :lol:

I think it cites the Wright Brothers as "advisers" in the film credits, JS...so under the statute of limitations it's ok! ;)

I think it cites the Wright Brothers as "advisers" in the film credits, JS...so under the statute of limitations it's ok! ;)

OH.....THANK GOODNESS!!! I was scared.

OH.....THANK GOODNESS!!! I was scared.

But if it was co-produced by Manning & Snowden you would have cause for concern! :D