A Trio Of Early Navy Wings

daniel griffin

daniel griffin

I am on my way home from picking up a nice wing collection and thought that I would post some from my hotel room.

w1.jpg

w1a.jpg

Beautiful group of wings.You have some amazing pieces.I have to agreeKASTAUFFER, those BBB wings are awesome.Are the 24k plated or solid 24k? Looks there is a date etched above that.

I am on my way home from picking up a nice wing collection

"Nice"? Just a slight understatement... Wow.

Dan - Will all these be in your $5 box at the next Meadowlands Show???

That is probably the nicest Naval wings collection I have ever see (and I've seen some pretty nice ones). I noticed you had one with a larger anchor marked that it was popular with the Coast Guard. I've had one like that for well over 20 years and the story I got with the wing was that it was Coast Guard. So I guess I have some verification on that count. Thanks for showing this great collection.

Post # 7 has some beautiful bullion surgeon wings and flight nurse wings. Do you mind posting closer pictures?

All of these are beautiful! ....Kat

That is probably the nicest Naval wings collection I have ever see (and I've seen some pretty nice ones). I noticed you had one with a larger anchor marked that it was popular with the Coast Guard. I've had one like that for well over 20 years and the story I got with the wing was that it was Coast Guard. So I guess I have some verification on that count. Thanks for showing this great collection.

Actually, the thought that those are Coast Guard wings is a collector/dealer myth.

If you won USN Aviator wings and were Navy, USMC, Coast Guard...Officer or Enlisted,

you wore the same gold wings.

The large anchor is just one company's pattern from WWII.

I have heard that most of the actual "large anchor" wings that you see today were

discovered in the back of an old taylor shop in San Pedro, CA in the mid 1960's.

Great collection Dan!

John

daniel griffin

Beautiful group of wings.You have some amazing pieces.I have to agreeKASTAUFFER, those BBB wings are awesome.Are the 24k plated or solid 24k? Looks there is a date etched above that.

They are marked 14K, there are numbers scratched above the stampings but are hard to make out.

daniel griffin

Post # 7 has some beautiful bullion surgeon wings and flight nurse wings. Do you mind posting closer pictures?

All of these are beautiful! ....Kat

Hello Kat,

Photos of the Flight Surgeon and Flight Nurse wings.

Regards, Dan

aa2.jpg

aa1.jpg

Hello Kat,

Photos of the Flight Surgeon and Flight Nurse wings.

Regards, Dan

Absolutely beautiful wings! Thank you so much for showing these to me.

...Kat