Seeking Picture Of WWII Sniper With Camo Helmet

Back maybe 3 or 4 years ago, there was a thread on here that was just random "field expedient" helmet covers, if I recall correctly. Anyway, I remember there being a great picture of an Army sniper (looked to be in the ETO if I remember correctly). He was sitting, and there were other soldiers around him, and I think he was either looking over his M1903 or cycling the action of it. He had some sort of burlap helmet cover, or maybe it was just fabric? I just remember it being a really great photo, and I'm hoping someone here might remember it as well, and maybe even know where to find it. I also remember it being big and clear, so it may have been a LIFE Magazine one? Anyone remember this photo?

Always interested in purchasing items pertaining to the 505 Parachute Infantry Regiment in WWII (82nd Airborne Div.). Please send me a PM if you have something.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I think i remeber that one, try searching the helmet forum for burlap cover or something like that....maybe try the word sniper too....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

I think thats the one!...good work!....mike

No problem. if you want, here is some additional info I found on the soldier:

US Army Pfc. Edward J. Foley of the 143rd Infantry Regiment of the 36th Division cleaning his Springfield M1903A4 sniper rifle, near Velletri, Italy, 29 May 1944(rudeerude)

That's it! You guys always deliver! Thanks!

Always interested in purchasing items pertaining to the 505 Parachute Infantry Regiment in WWII (82nd Airborne Div.). Please send me a PM if you have something.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif