Source for a Czech book called, "...And Along Came Freedom"?

willysmb44

I'm looking for a Czech book called, "...And Along Came Freedom" by Zdenek Roucka, ISBN 80-239-4702-8.

Just saw a copy someone had this weekend and it has a lot of good shot of late-war 2nd ID in that part of the world.

I searched the internet and couldn't turn up anything. Does anyone out there have an idea where I could find a copy?

hbtcoveralls

Lee, I was in CZ back in 2010. I saw that the book store in Pilsen on the central square had copies but they were closed when I could get there. I checked their address:

Nakladatelská a vydavatelská agentura
námestí Republiky 17
Plzen
Czech Republic

Their phone number is +420 377320384 and I would try to find a Czech speaker if possible.

Tom Bowers

PETER HENDRIKX

I have the bilingual edition, titled "Americans in West Bohemia 1945" and it is indeed a must have book about the last days of WW2. Lots of great photographs. You may try to get a copy through the Patton Museum in Pilzen; www.patton-memorial.cz

Peter Hendrikx

www.heroesatmargraten.com

www.d-day-publishing.com

The museum says they've been sold out for years.

Amazon, ebay, Google, nothing comes up anywhere. I've tried a few european vendors, nothing there either.

I guess I'm not getting a copy after all... :dry:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Geez, there was one on ePay recently? I think you emailed of PM'd me a while back on this, I seem to recall one for an amazingly high price at some point, well into three figures if memory serves.

I haven't done constant searches for that book, I just added the book's title on my list of searches there, should have done that a while back.

• 9 months later...