M1917A1 from a longtime Marine ... used in the PTO

etienne

Hello,

time to show you one of my latest acquisitions, this very nice M1917A1 helmet identified to a longtime Marine, Henry F.Lesem.

He was a member of the 7th Defense Battalion in the Samoa in 1941-42 then belonged to several artillery outfit, in the field then stateside as an instructor. I found him on the Muster Rolls until 1958, as a CWO but he probably stayed in the Corps after that.

Beside the written name, this helmet has a very nice apple-green brush repaint ... field repaint with vehicule's paint ?

102_3411.jpg
102_3410.jpg
102_3412.jpg

Very nice Etienne! Was this on eBay? I think I was watching it too....glad you got it!

Rick

Yes it was ... did a quick research and found the owner had an interesting career so I took a chance ;)

I was lucky the seller was willing to ship overseas B)

Thanks guys ... I was lucky enough to find some pretty nice items identified to early (1941-42) Marines, I'll try to make a little display with those ;)

Was this the reason for the request for photographs? Very nice!

Yes, and here is what you found, thanks again ... longtime Marine from ww2 to VN.

71172810.jpg

combat-helmets

Always wanted an M17A1 definitely tied to a Marine.. no way to tell unless marked in a certain way ( or also the paint such as this one...) that's a killer piece!