FAKE paratrooper helmet that used to be mine!

dead-horse.gif

Even though this is a very serious issue, I will say this gave me much needed laughter!

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The horses are great! We have quite the group of comedians :D

Looking for items from the 38th Infantry Regiment

Feel free to read/leave For Sale section feedback: CLICK HERE

ASMIC: 5218

"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

-General George S. Patton Jr.

All joking aside, let's hope that this whole sorry affair sends out a message to any would-be forum scammers out there, ie YOU WILL ULTIMATELY BE OUTED!! :dry:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

one last time, you guys do know this member is a teenager right? if this was an grown man I would be right there with you beating that dead horse like a tent stake but we are talking about a kid here and kids make mistakes. not making excuses for him but maybe more guidance and less horse beating?

I do have to admit the pictures had me rolling in the floor :blush:.

Age does not matter when conducting business. We are not talking about stealing a piece of bubblegum, but a $455 FAKE and the reserve wasn't even met! Of course it is not the end of world...but at least fess up and not coverup. I believe in being harder on a teen than adult because a teen can still learn from it and an adult is less likely.

I would encorage this member to come clean so that he can move past it.

Looking for items from the 38th Infantry Regiment

Feel free to read/leave For Sale section feedback: CLICK HERE

ASMIC: 5218

"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

-General George S. Patton Jr.

I agree TRR. Yes he's 15 but there is no way he didn't know this was wrong.

Why is his SN "AshlandAntiques"?

Is a parent an antique dealer? Did they put him up to this?

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

15 doesn't excuse it. That's speaking as a former 15 year old and as a parent who raised three kids who also spent a year being 15.

I agree. I also do not like how the e-bay listing claimed the helmet was authenticated by someone at a museum. That is just blatant lying....

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

Simple, ban him until he is 18 years old. If he still has an interest, and if his reputation is clean, let him back into membership.

If he wants to prove himself, then he should respond to all of this. He needs to be a man, step up to the plate, and admit that he has been proven wrong. Silence speaks volumes.

Edit to add: however, I think all of this has probably scared the $#%& out of him. :D He has hopefully learned a big lesson in life. When you tell a lie, it eventually catches up with you.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

I think JS has a good idea. Ban him or punish him in another way on the forum. It seems harsh but he needs to learn that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

I think that some type of Forum punishment is in order. Possibly reset his posts to zero, or some other form of punishment. For me, he has no credibility and he has brought dishonor upon himself. I would not trust this person nor purchase anything from him in the future.

There is no excuse for lying, the intent to decieve has been established.

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I think JS has a good idea. Ban him or punish him in another way on the forum. It seems harsh but he needs to learn that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

I think that some type of Forum punishment is in order. Possibly reset his posts to zero, or some other form of punishment. For me, he has no credibility and he has brought dishonor upon himself. I would not trust this person nor purchase anything from him in the future.

There is no excuse for lying, the intent to decieve has been established.

exactly. Straight up trying to make a buck and that's it.

authenticated by a museum? the only way he could take it up a notch is to say it was recently "found in a barn's hayloft in Normandy".

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Behavior like this should not be condoned on this forum no matter the age, I think it would be foolish to allow him to go unpunished for this type of behavior just due to age (this coming from a member who falls in that age bracket).

I would agree that he should be banned due to this. The goal of our forum is to preserve history and honor veterans, I believe his actions went against both of those things. He made a conscious decision to openly lie about his helmet on ebay to try and rip someone off, he then openly lied about the situation when it was brought out into the open. On this forum, there should be zero tolerance for this disregard and behavior.

My 2 cents....

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

Let the big hammer swing-ban him...this is unacceptable behavior from a USMF member. We don't want to get a reputation for having this type of member allowed to roam free, do we?

Always interested in purchasing items pertaining to the 505 Parachute Infantry Regiment in WWII (82nd Airborne Div.). Please send me a PM if you have something.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

While I freely admit that the evidence is over-whelmingly against him, I think he deserves the right to tell his side of the story. I admit that TRR did some excellent investigating. It is great that we have members like him who can find people like this. If it is found that he is guilty of lying, then he should be banned. Give the moderators time to get ALL of the sides before crucifying him.

....Kat

ok everyone the whole story without any "touch ups"

1) buy helmet from surplus store for no more than $80 i was skeptical of its authenticity.

2) make thread on forum helmet is fake just as i suspected.

3) this did not go over very well with my BOSS ( yes i work for ashlandantiques12011 )

so he listed it on ebay as REAL.

4) i see my helmet in fake alerts and know this cant end well. i didnt want to make my boss look bad so i said i sold it to a antique dealer.

5) i remove the listing personally because i have the company account. i didnt want the forum to know i work for a faker so i said i told the antique dealer to remove it.

6) i would rather get fired than be known as a faker so thats that.

post-121056-0-09235200-1376414713.gif

ww2 usmc field gear wanted ( trade ) i have many things to offer.

THIS USMF MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/206486-user-suspension-jackconaway/

1) buy helmet from surplus store for no more than $80 i was skeptical of its authenticity.

3) this did not go over very well with my BOSS ( yes i work for ashlandantiques12011 )

4) i see my helmet in fake alerts and know this cant end well. i didnt want to make my boss look bad so i said i sold it to a antique dealer.

5) i remove the listing personally because i have the company account. i didnt want the forum to know i work for a faker so i said i told the antique dealer to remove it.

If you have the company account, why did you not change the title and description after you showed your 'boss'?

This sounds very fishy, again...

If you have the company account, why did you not change the title and description after you showed your 'boss'?

This sounds very fishy, again...

When you were 15, would you have had the $#%%S to stand up to your adult boss?

Some of you would have but most of you would not have.

Let the moderators sort this out via PM's with the kid. This does not need to be aired on a public forum.

What does this have to do with your boss, if you bought this at a surplus shop. It's yours, not his and you being a "collector" I'm sure if it turned out to be real when you first posted it on the forum it never would have been turned over to the Boss to be sold?

And your last statement #6, I'm Calling BS on that one because as I see in law enforcement every day, you only regretted it "once caught"! Sorry, but that is how I see it.

USMC 2/2 Fox Co 0311 & 1st Recon Bn Delta Co. 0321. 1986 - 1995 (Desert Storm 90/91)

US Army Long Range Surveillance Co F 425th INF ABN LRS Team 1-6 2003 - 2005 (Iraqi Freedom 03/04)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

what? i just removed it! i didnt know what to do i was freaking out! this whole thing has literaly had me in tears for hours!!! i dont want to sound like a wus but i dont know what els i can say to you guys. im sorry.

ww2 usmc field gear wanted ( trade ) i have many things to offer.

THIS USMF MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/206486-user-suspension-jackconaway/

I've been following this topic as well as the other, looked at all of the info and I can believe what Kerstens is saying. If you look at the completed auctions under the account, the items being offered are not something I would imagine a 15 year would be in possession of let alone offer for sale; books on pottery, depression era glass, etc..

http://www.ebay.com/csc/ashlandantiques120111/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ipg=200&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

I honestly think his boss was selling it and he Kerstens was trying to safe face. I just think that he took it a little too far by creating the thread, etc., however he was likley nervous about beeing booted from the forum so he over compensated...

Eric

ASMIC #5492

Are you a militaria collector in PA, NJ or DE? If so, please feel free to join my "Delaware Valley Militaria Collectors" page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/MilitariaCollectorsOfDelawareValley#!/groups/DELVALMILITARIA/

Check me out on Instagram @philly_militaria_collector

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif