6-color desert camouflage items

Third Herd

I am wondering what items were made in the 6-color desert camouflage pattern. I have a cover for the PASGT vest, Cover for the rucksack and a British made chemical protective suit as used by the Marines and Air Forece. Was anything else made in the pattern?

I know there were 6 color boonie hats; I assume there were 6 color patrol caps. Don't forget the uniforms themselves. Also, I think there were some helmet covers for the PASGTs, but I don't know how widespread they were issued.

Also, watch out for foreign-made copies of many items. Some middle eastern armies were using those items as recently as 2003 (I'm specifically thinking of Kuwait).

Steve

I picked up the uniforms and hats at the end of Desert Storm and got an unissued PASGT helmet with the 6-color cover during Desert Shield, when they were shipping people over there. I just got around to getting a 6-color cover for my PASGT vest and wondered if I had missed anything. I learned my lesson when after the Vietnam War I didn't pick up some field gear items and uniforms I didn't know about at the time. I also picked up all the various desert insignia I could find at the time. I didn't pick up the First Issue Subdued twill patches because I thought they looked tacky or the Air Force Vietnam Subdued insignia when it was still being used and after when it was cheap. I learned the time to get stuff is during or right after a war.

We were allowed to wear 6-color "patrol caps" but they were not a standardized item. They were private purchase.

The link Sabrejet posted shows a USMC-style "cover" which is also private purchase (indicated by the "MADE IN U.S.A." and both the NSN and contract number are fictional) and not an issued item.

IIRC the only standardized and issued headgear was the "boonie hat."