325th glider Helmet

jkash23686

Recent pickup direct from a vets family. Its a fixed bail with some camo still present with a 1st pattern Hawley Liner.

The camo looks to be sprayed on to me,

-j

Very nice Jamie! You do have a knack for finding the killer lids! This is an amazing helmet!

Nice one!

Rick

Not really a knack, just pass over every 10 normal lids, and put feelers out for something better :)

Not really a knack, just pass over every 10 normal lids, and put feelers out for something better :)

Great strategy! I wish I had the contacts and access to US vets and resources that some other forum members do. Geographically it's harder from Canada to utilize this methodology, but hey, I'm going to start thinking along those lines anyway!

Still impressed with this one though! It's got a great look and patina to it!

Another stunning set Jamie! Has a great look to it and the combination is something else...

Philip

Another stunning set Jamie! Has a great look to it and the combination is something else...

Philip

Thanks Philip, I've been trying to focus more on WWII 82nd airborne than airborne in general.

-j

Just saw those markings in the Oostermann book that showed up. Amazing stuff JK. Thanks for sharing these helmets with us.

The airborne lid conveyor belt just keeps on a-rollin'. Nice one Jamie!!

Naww, like i said previously I pass up 10 helmets to save up for one AB lid. It also helps that I've sort of become known as an airborne guy so people contact me sometimes.

Nice helmet, love the used look of it and the grey camo stripes.

I do understand your passion for helmets of the 82nd A/B div.

Great looking helmet, what a find, if you come accross another one, give me a ring, and I will pop over to pick it up ;)

Hey Jamie,

Congrats on a Top Notch Helmet !

:love: Love the look to the Camo Job on that 325th G.I.R Helmet with NCO Bar Well Done it a keeper ;)

P.S. Welcome Aboard to the Airborne Glider Rider Helmet Club Your an Offical Member Now, Nice one for sure.

Tomás.

Hey Jamie,

Congrats on a Top Notch Helmet !

:love: Love the look to the Camo Job on that 325th G.I.R Helmet with NCO Bar Well Done it a keeper ;)

P.S. Welcome Aboard to the Airborne Glider Rider Helmet Club Your an Offical Member Now, Nice one for sure.

Tomás.

Thanks Thomas, But I've been a member for quite some time since I got my 17th AB glider rider :)

Thanks Thomas, But I've been a member for quite some time since I got my 17th AB glider rider :)

Hey J,

I must have missed out on that Post all ready "Sorry" johnny come late again.. lol ;) ha ha

Still a Fantastic and great looking WWII 325th GIR Helmet Well Done. for sure.

No worries man, But the dues get a bit steep in this club sometimes :)

Not for me man!! :lol:

Im not in competition with ye guys, I only Buy 101st when I can afford to not going down that road with $$ As its expensive enough as its a long slippy road ahead lol ha ha, As im in no rush what so ever to be constantly buying Top Dollar Helmets only now and again as I'm still in my Early 20 still young so happy out. lol