COAST GUARD HELMET OIF

anton67

USMC-RECON0321

I didn't realize they were there? Looked it up and it said about 600 were deployed there, so I would say you have one of the few available. I would keep good provenance records of the Coastie you got it from!!

Nice!

Troy

Troy, I know of a Puddle Pirate 1 star who was techinically my boss when I did some contract work at Shield for the MOI. And I saw a number of them scattered here and there at other times and places. Largest group I recall were working the customs bullhockey for returning units. So they were there.

I didn't realize they were there? Looked it up and it said about 600 were deployed there, so I would say you have one of the few available. I would keep good provenance records of the Coastie you got it from!!

Nice!

Troy

They guy is a close friend.

He patrolled the waterways and boarded ships to determine their cargo.

He was also deployed to Georgia (former USSR NOT the state) and participated in training their version of the CG.

Other than my personal knowledge there really is no way to show that it is a USCG helmet I guess.

I am not worried since I am not looking to sell it anyway.

As a side note, I noticed he used a lot of that silver tape.

He also gave me his holster & web belt.

That has a lot of the tape on it.

The holster happens to fit my Beretta 92FS nicely.

That happens to be the side arm he carried over there.

Mine was just like that. There have been a few of us over there over the past 10 years. I served two tours. 2003 and 2004. Our side arm here in the states is the Sig .40. While deployed on DoD missions, we are(or at least were at the time) armed with standard NATO weapons(Beretta 92FS).

• 4 weeks later...