Section 5 Norton-Harjes Ambulance Corps/ U.S. - S.S.U. 646 Group

Belleauwood

manayunkman

Bob508,

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that there are a host of folks here who would love to see what ever you have.

Myself included but please don't make me wait until May.

• 2 years later...

I'm new to the Forum, having joined after discovering this marvelous collection. I reside in Essex, CT, Tley's home town, and am writing an article about him focusing on his wartime service and role in the establishment of the American Legion. Retired Army myself, served a tour in the 2nd Infantry Division, so I also appreciate the many artifacts of the 4th Marine Brigade in the collection. I encourage Bob508 to post about Ervin Drake (Harvard '16), who commanded USAAS Section 646, if he has not already done so. May I have permission to reproduce the images of the Tiley items for use with the article?

• 4 years later...

I came across this posting while doing research on my uncle who was attached to Ambulance 646 after he was federalized. I in particular noted the booklet with General Order 55, dated April 26, 1919. I have not been able to find this Order anywhere else. Would it be possible for you to upload it to Archive.org so that it can be a permanent part of history? I think many others would appreciate a list like this as well. With the fire at NARA, many of these kinds of notes have been forgotten. Thank you.