Need help with a pouch please!

cllctrtom

Unable to figure out what this was used for. My only guess is it was developed for an experimental weapon to carry mags?????

Help!

post-5830-0-76395400-1375923325.jpg

hbtcoveralls

I don't think it's US. Possibly ROK because the used similar material but often had different patterns. Can we see it closed and the back side?

Tom Bowers

The Bradley's in my unit in Germany had these pouches in them. Not sure what they were used for. I was a Tanker and never thought to ask them what they were used for. I have two of these pouches and both are unmarked.

Allen

I don't think it is military. By the time the Army switched to nylon, they were not using lift-the-dot snaps.

Sorry guys....been off the grid for a while.

Big Al, I respectfully disagree with your statement. Here is a pic of a M3 grease gun mag pouch made out of nylon but has the lift-the-dot snap that I own.

Thanks!

post-5830-0-67552400-1376581246.jpg

I don't think it's US. Possibly ROK because the used similar material but often had different patterns. Can we see it closed and the back side?

Tom Bowers

Hey buddy! Here are the other angles.

post-5830-0-28568800-1376581903.jpg

My guess is U.S. M86 APERS mine pouch

....but most of those I've seen have regular snaps not lift-the-dots...so maybe ROK being nylon with LTD's?

Tom Bowers

post-5830-0-29793200-1376582019.jpg

Tom Bowers

post-5830-0-54501200-1376582078.jpg

My guess is U.S. M86 APERS mine pouch

....but most of those I've seen have regular snaps not lift-the-dots...so maybe ROK being nylon with LTD's?

I'm not sure the pockets are big enough. One pocket size is H = 6" W = 4.5" D = 2.5" approx.

Another option....could this be a later USMC test item for M14 magazines? I recall another thread on here showing some USMC nylon test carriers for M14's.

Another option....could this be a later USMC test item for M14 magazines? I recall another thread on here showing some USMC nylon test carriers for M14's.

That is an option. Size seems right for a M14 mag.

RustyCanteen

Big Al, I respectfully disagree with your statement. Here is a pic of a M3 grease gun mag pouch made out of nylon but has the lift-the-dot snap that I own.

Thanks!

The First-Aid kit pouch was closed by two LTD snaps at least through the 1980s.

Thanks!

attachicon.gifIMAG0389.jpg

I am aware of that pouch. I was talking about new designs of equipment. That pouch was an existing design in new material.

I am aware of that pouch. I was talking about new designs of equipment. That pouch was an existing design in new material.

Roger Big Al!

VolunteerArmoury

I have a few of these & a commo guy told me they are for batteries for a radio which I've forgotten which type. Seems he showed me a reference in a 1970s or 80s Tech Manual but can't recall definite. I used one for my Walkman & couple of cassettes on road marches till I got busted for it.

• 4 months later...

Hello I finally found a pic on the internet with these pouches. I forgot where on the net I found this but I cropped it to show these pouches on the bottom of a Bradley's bench seat.

post-2506-0-99840300-1387839176.jpg

Hello I finally found a pic on the internet with these pouches. I forgot where on the net I found this but I cropped it to show these pouches on the bottom of a Bradley's bench seat.

So you think these are for the firing port weapons?