29th patch help

hink441

Picked up this tired old 29ner patch at a local shop, and was wondering how old this one is? Is it possible this one is WW1 vintage, or interwar period? Your thoughts? Thanks for looking.

image_zps5abbb4bb.jpg

image_zpsc3f7235a.jpg

everforward

IMO, it could very well be interwar.....many of the interwar SSI's were made in this fashion, and there was not as much uniformity to these as one might think...the evidence is in the period pics.

Some of the SSI's worn by some of the troops all the way into ca. 1940 look quite crude, and could be mistaken for a WW1-era patch or the early 20's.

WorldWarPatches

I've pulled a few just like this one off moth eaten WW 1 tunic's. Hard to tell on handmade patches. WW 1 to 30's is my best guess.

Very nice patch, it's ashame about that one moth hole, and the beginings of another one, as the overall contdition apart from being a little linty (which can be cleaned off with gentle strokes of a lint brush or lint remover) is excellent.

if it is a bit smaller than usual, then I would suspect it was from the vet association's beret. It has the look of one of those to me.