WW2 USMC P2 canteen cover, possibly repro?

foxcompany1944

foxcompany1944

Hi,

I was wondering if this cover might possibly be a repro because the lift-a-dots look pretty new as well as the hook. I know that it has the correct marines M1910 hook pushed inward but my main concern is if it might be a very good repro or its just in really good condition. Something that also makes this auction a little bit fishy is that the seller states that the estimated delivery date is September 11th-September 15?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281145731314?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Daniel

Hi Daniel...

at a first look the cover looks ok... Also the faint markings looks good. As for the LTD they looks really good for an used cover but, who knows?, the whole cover shows not a major use. A larger and detailed picture of LTDs and hook would help, but this seller shows just a couple of images... As for the delivery he must have corrected the dates as they are now August...

If it can help for a comparison here you have some pictures of a mint (and original) P2 canteen cover, identical to the one for sale...

Fausto

post-8381-0-31329600-1375538975.jpg

foxcompany1944

That is a very nice cover you have there! The seller said he would send me pics of the hook and inside, so I'll post those pretty soon!

Thanks,

Daniel

I would be more concerned about the seller's feedback rating and whether or not I would ever receive the item.

Ronnie

foxcompany1944

I would be more concerned about the seller's feedback rating and whether or not I would ever receive the item.

Ronnie

Do you think he'll rip me off and not send it?

Daniel