Need help on some Navy patches

Red Ball Express

Red Ball Express

Here are the recent patches i picked up on the 127 Fair. It came out of a seabees patch lot. I only spent 3$ on the lot and there are more patches that i plan to pick up tomorrow. When do you think these patches are from? Also how much do you guys think these are worth?

Thanks

Ryan

post-56651-0-19166200-1375407289.jpg

Garth Thompson

The rating badge is Chief Petty Officer Driver 1948 -1958, in 1958 - present became Equipment Operator. The patch is a WW2 era USN SSI for Seabee.

Red Ball Express

The rating badge is Chief Petty Officer Driver 1948 -1958, in 1958 - present became Equipment Operator. The patch is a WW2 era USN SSI for Seabee.

Ok thank you so much! Is the Seabee SSI rare at all? Sorry for all the questions I am not good at all with patches.

Ryan

That particular bullion rating badge is not seen everyday and if someone was looking for that exact item, it maybe a little difficult to find; however, there is no market for those, or if there is collectors will not pay much for it. The ratings I see that have a market from post war are Nuclear Weaponsman, Aviation Guided Missleman, and the 1946-1956 variation of the Fire control tech, all the other post 1948 ratings carry a small to no market. It's still a very nice piece and well worth $3, actually that piece alone would probably be worth about $10 or so.