ACH helmet patches.

svt40

Is there a resource that shows all the current ACH helmet patches and what units they belong to? Hard to spend money on a helmet when you have no clue what unit it may have been.

There is no authorized list as there is no authorization for this, units just did it. It seems the only criteria is to have a unit patch small enough to fit on the side of the helmet. Hence why you never saw the 1st Cav on the side of a helmet. 3rd ACR is the largest patch I seen doing it.

Eagles of War on e bay does have a number of the helmet patches used by the 101st. Aside from that I don't know of a reference. Several units used their Shoulder sleeve Insignia on the helmet. off the top of my head I can think of the following.

3 ACR

3 ID

4 ID

34 ID

48 BCT (SMALLER VERSION)

The 62nd ENG Bn uses a cloth version of their Unit crest (DI)

http://stores.ebay.com/Eagles-Of-War?_rdc=1

I am sure some others have more info

ocsfollowme

One of the funniest things I saw at Manas air terminal was miny 1st cav patches that would actually fit on the velcro. Just looked so weird. And for those that took them into Afghanistan they were made fun of on base. In 30 years, there won't be many of those around!

Eagles of War on e bay does have a number of the helmet patches used by the 101st. Aside from that I don't know of a reference. Several units used their Shoulder sleeve Insignia on the helmet. off the top of my head I can think of the following.

3 ACR

3 ID

4 ID

34 ID

48 BCT (SMALLER VERSION)

The 62nd ENG Bn uses a cloth version of their Unit crest (DI)

http://stores.ebay.com/Eagles-Of-War?_rdc=1

I am sure some others have more info

That link is what I was looking for. I had it at one time but lost it. But of course the helmet is now gone...=(