ACH Paint Color

Ben@HI

from what I have seen they come in tan, green, ACU green, and black. is there any rhyme or reason to which color was ordered by who when they were first bought or is it luck of the draw?

The OD green was the early contract and went to Foilage green around 2006. Black is contractor helmets and they are not true ACH's, The Tan ones, you see are mostly Air Force. That is for the standard ACH. When you get into all the gunfighter helmets and Spooky Ops stuff, it goes weird from there.

When you get into all the gunfighter helmets and Spooky Ops stuff, it goes weird from there.

I know what you mean, between the personal camo painting and the Velcro a lot of them look like paint ball helmets. not to mention some of the odd NVG mounts they use. i bought a high cut off a SEAL back in 2008 and the thing had about a pound of Velcro and camo paint on it. no NVG mount but it had the two hole pattern which at that time was the only one i had seen. i wish i kept it :(. thanks for the paint info, its been bugging me for a pretty good bit.