Finally in my new house!

doinworkinvans

doinworkinvans

Its been quite a while since being able to get an update here...such a busy time of the year.

We are now at a mid-January closing date so its coming up quickly!

Thought I would share a few update pictures, since I took these, all the trim is done, all the exterior paint and trim is done, cabinets have been installed and fire place and mantle have been built. Will try to get those photo'd soon.

The first picture is before it was painted.

Hope you all enjoy these even thought its been slow progress.

blessings to all,

Daniel

20161122_083238.jpg

20161122_083405.jpg

Looks awesome. Was it prefab?

Interesting exterior... is it painted wood? Never seen it done that way must be a regional thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doinworkinvans

Looks awesome. Was it prefab?

Interesting exterior... is it painted wood? Never seen it done that way must be a regional thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it is 100% stick built...the color took a bit of convincing on my part but I'm glad we went with it. It looks great.

The exterior is hardy plank siding...it's basically cement siding so it doesn't warp or mold like vinyl.

Thank you for all the comments. Have more pics coming this afternoon!

doinworkinvans

When may we actually see some photos of your militaria display?

Lee, thanks for your inquiry. At this time the collection is packed up in many, many boxes as we are in a small temporary home. If you really want to see some of the items I have, you can certainly go back to the beginning of the thread. I know that pictures of a house being built, is not necessarily the most interesting to post, but some do enjoy it I suppose. And the home will eventually house the collection, so its the journey up until that point. Just think of it as a really long boring book until the last chapter!

But since you asked, here are some pictures of the militaria. Enjoy!

20161204_174222.jpg

doinworkinvans

I will most likely make these the last until I can actually get upstairs and start working. Hope you all have enjoyed the progress.

Daniel

20161204_121055.jpg

20161204_121315.jpg

20161204_121334.jpg