Finally in my new house!

doinworkinvans

I like that. I was wondering how best to display my patches when I do my room. If you don't mind, I might swipe that idea with the patch and photo display.

doinworkinvans

Have it at! Walmart frames! Thats where it all came from except the yardlong. Had that professionally done!

• 2 weeks later...
doinworkinvans

A few more additions over the last few days..first up is some news paper I found. Some were duplicates so I put the big headlines with some other small clippings...Walmart frames are my friend!

2014-07-05 16.09.58.jpg

doinworkinvans

Next up ...just some smalls I have that put out. My new Chit to go along with it. These don't belong together officially but thought it nice to display them!

And last a quick display to go with the new CBI 493 BS jacket. Obviously copies of some of his papers and a few news paper clippings. Hope to have a repro 493rd BS patch soon from a fellow forum member Johnny Signor!

Jumpin Jack

Certainly enjoyed viewing your collection. Nicely done! You introduced me to a few AAF related patches that I had never seen before. By the way, you wife looks very much like my daughter-in-law. Beautiful lady. Thanks for showing.

manayunkman

Daniel,

A collection to envy.

Very well done.

After reading all the posts about your lady....

Here is some unsolicited advise, not that you need it but maybe someone else does:

Make sure that the woman in your life KNOWS that she is the most important one.

As soon as a woman thinks the hobby is more important than she is you will have a hassle in your castle.

And actions speak louder than words so chase her down harder than anything else.

A woman needs to be chased after her whole life.

I speak from experience.

I lost my beautiful woman and hundreds of vet acquired groupings went with her.

doinworkinvans

Some good advice indeed!!!!

But dont worry she knows for sure! I make sure she is treated like a queen every chance I get...she deserves it!

We both keep God first, but after that its her, and then my man cave :D

As for her, she just likes to keep up on her TV shows.

But hey, we all need advice and Ill take all I can get!!

doinworkinvans

A few updates...nothing major. Made some display books to go with the few uniforms I have. I used just basic 3 ring binders and archive sleeves for the papers and put together a display page on the computer. Put the original papers or research material copies in the pages. Just something simple but I think it ties it all together nicely!

Also a huge thanks to forum member Allan H. as he has supplied me with a "waxy" GC ribbon to complete the ribbon bar. I have met some of the nicest people on here and I cannot thank you enough! I hope I can return the favor someday. Pictures to follow!

Daniel

• 6 months later...
doinworkinvans

Took a few shots of the room as it stands now. Sold majority of patch collection so filled in those frames with collage type material which actually turned out pretty cool. Found a lot of repro ads,posters, period pictures and made them into pretty neat pieces.

A couple of the uniforms are hanging unitl I get my display tables built. I have one built, but the rain has hindered me from finishing the others. I am building them out of pallets that are left from the house construction around the neighborhood. I have got really good at not paying for much and making do with what I find around the house or waste materials that I run across.

I really detest those shelves I put up a while back they are just in the way. On hindsight, I should have used that wall space for more pictures and posters (I'm a big fan of those). I put them up because I had more headgear and other misc items displayed before I got really focused on just Pacific AAF and ATC. So it is what it is for now. Just hate hanging uniforms (for me anyway). They just look so much on torso's.

Found the Fort Bragg penant on Ebay and naturally had to have that being from NC. Still need more on the walls with the newspapers. I have a couple more left to frame.

I think thats it - it's certainly a work in progress, but a fun one nonetheless. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look.

Daniel

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

doinworkinvans

Thanks guys for the kinds words!

Looks great man. True man cave, just need the t.v. or maybe I don't see it . ?

And Matt,

No TV we got rid of TV long ago - I am not paying $75-100 bucks for trash that I dont watch enough to rationalize anyhow. Im outside working or reading or cooking or cleaning lol :D

Although.....it would be nice place to enjoy the occasional DVD war movie!

hmmmmmmmmm........ B)