Finally in my new house!

doinworkinvans

doinworkinvans

Hey guys here is my small, modest collection. All AAF for the most part. Finally in the new house and have it how I want it for now. No room for the uniforms yet, but as all of you know it's always a work in progress! If you want a closer up of something or have a question let me know and thanks for looking!

First off, I made her pose real quick for a picture. She might kill me if she knew I shared, but she sure is patient with me and my obsession...

IMG_20130724_220250.jpg

doinworkinvans

A lot more to come hopefully! Going to start working on a shelf completely around the top of the room for more display room. Also 2 racks for the uni's...

And yep she's a keeper for sure : )

doinworkinvans

like what you did with the patches. i'm thinking of doing that with mine

$9 frames from WalMart and jsut turned the piece of paper over that come in the frame. Easy enough!

doinworkinvans

With the help of friends and some cold ones, got my shelves up on one wall. Probably going to stick with just this wall for now. The wall with the patches will be for more pics and frames. Going this weekend to the office supply to get the pictures blown up for framing.

Just 2 pics...

First of my 3 favorite AAF uniforms.

ColdWarRules

I've been wondering how to bring my uniforms out of the closet (come on guys, keep that clean...) and bring them out with my other stuff...

Let's try that again!

doinworkinvans

I've been wondering how to bring my uniforms out of the closet (come on guys, keep that clean...) and bring them out with my other stuff...

Yep - that's where mine were and this is pretty cheap way of doing it. All from Lowe's.

• 2 weeks later...
doinworkinvans

Ok had a little spare time this morning and wanted to do something to the room. Been needing some more stuff on the walls. Ran down to the Hobby Lobby and got them to frame this 401st BG picture I have had for a while.

2013-08-17 11.34.42.jpg

Great pic. Those kind of team shots fascinate me because the stress put on the wing spars by the combined weight of all those bodies must have been immense! Also, aircraft wings are quite "fragile" things, usually being liberally marked with "NO STEP" stencils. Maybe they used old war-weary "hangar queens" for such shots?

doinworkinvans

Yea that amazed me too at the amount of bodies on those fragile wings. I think you have a good idea there about it probably being a beauty queen just for photos!