London's Imperial War Museum: (2012 short videos)

vcleary

On a recent visit to London, I had an hour to scan the Imperial War Museum in London. It was wonderful. They had a great walk through WWI trench display as well, but it was so dark my video camera would not do it justice. The building is really grand too. It's the old Bedlam mental health hospital.

Here are two short videos of the museum : Uniform displays and Artillery & Armor displays. I have a third video showing the aviation displays at the museum, but I couldn't get it to attach correctly to this post, so we'll go with the first two and if you want to see the aviation displays, let me know and I'll post that video separately. Thanks!

Uniform displays

Armor exhibits including Monty's tank!

Thanks for posting. I have made numerous forays over the years. Lots of close-up and hands-on exhibits. Not to be missed when in London. Bobgee

Bobgee, Thanks for the note. Yea, I really enjoyed it. I wish I had more time. I was blown away when I noticed the bike on display was Lawrence of Arabia's. Sometimes, when the significance of a display sinks in, its awe inspiring. Great stuff!