M65 field coat need help to identify. Please help!

BazaC

I purchased an m65 cold weather field coat at the local market the other Sunday and was hoping to find out a little about it. LJMilitaria put me onto this site as they say they have never seen the "contract" code on the tag when I sent them a picture of it and suggested someone on this site may be more knowledgable in this matter.

The coat is in brand new condition. Never been used or worn by the look of it. Was made by John Ownbey. Stock number is 8415-782-2942. Instead of the normal DSA number in its place is the following P.O. 51366-M-647003. I would love to know if this was made for the civilian market or for the military. And if made for the military which branch and what year if it is possible. Thanking you all in advance of you help and information Baz.

RustyCanteen

Could you post a photo of the label?

John Ownbey was a manufacturer of M65 jackets and the "P.O." is probably purchase order.

Hi Rusty, thanks for your reply. I was thinking along the same lines. It would be great if anyone else could shed some more light on what the numbers mean or some more info on if this form of purchase order was used by the military or civilian purchasers. Does anyone know when John Ownbey stopped making the M65 field coat? Thanks again for any forthcoming information all. Baz.

I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how to get the picture below 150k. Computers are not my strong point :-(