Complete American Legion National Convention photo list (1919-2013)

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

For a complete photo list of American Legion National Convention medals please visit my website

http://steveleader.com/americanlegion/nationalconvention.htm

My father and I have been collecting for about 8 years now. If you have an item from a national convention that I do not have on here, please message me and send a photo/scan of it.

I have hundreds of duplicates from 1919 to present. Message me if you are looking for anything.

I will be adding more information and photos to the above website this Fall after I finish working on my current ww2 patch quilt projects.

SCF-Collector

WOW! What an outstanding reference source! Thanks for posting the link!

One day I hope to do something similar for my United Confederate Veterans (UCV) National Reunion collection. Maybe your great work will help motivate me to get it done!

Thanks again!

ocsfollowme

I save photos from ebay on medals that I do not have. Money is finite. One day I want to add all 50 states to this list for the state conventions...but doing the math...that is more than 4500 medals. I am going to need some major motivation for that one =)

You should totally do it for the UCV. It helps collectors get into it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's neat. I have my grandfather's pin from the first in Minneapolis. As far as I can recall he never had the medals.

Although, he did carry the Polish Flag in the opening parade down the main street (which was odd as he was Swedish, but they needed someone for the Polish flag and he agreed).