Home Front Patches

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

I have been looking for that Hawthorne School of Aero for some time! Some great patches there.

ocsfollowme

Western Signal Aviation Unit Training Center shoulder sleeve insignia. This unit was located at Camp Pinedale CA.

I have been wanting one of these for a long time and picked one up from witchitaslumlord for $45. I can now say that I own a piece from that collection. This for some reason, is one of the cheapest school patches from WW2, and I do not know why.

post-122868-0-71473500-1436246539.jpg

ocsfollowme

Been after this one for a long time and finally added this to my 3rd quilt.

San Antonio Aviation Cadet Center SSI.

post-122868-0-60688100-1436579741.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
ocsfollowme

Lordstown Ordnance Sub-Depot patch

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missions/Environmental/LordstownOrdnanceDepot.aspx

The former Lordstown Ordnance Depot is a formerly used defense site located in Lordstown Village, approximately four miles south of Warren, Ohio in Trumbull County. The property covers approximately 520 acres, most of which is owned by the Ohio Commerce Center, excluding 39 acres owned by Trumbull County Schools known as the TAMPEEL property.

History

The facility was built in 1942 as a U.S. Army quartermaster depot responsible for transportation, storage, reconditioning and redistribution of equipment, material and supplies in support of the war effort during World War II.

post-122868-0-19596900-1438913577.jpg

The CAP encampment patches in number 205, are all post WWII. They didn't appear until 1949 and were used up until the mid 1950's.

ocsfollowme

Both of these came in today. I believe that they are cadet patches during WW2. To what school, I do not know.

post-122868-0-28049900-1438982665.jpg

ocsfollowme

In about 8 years of searching on eBay, I have found only 3 of these...and I bought all 3.

US War Savings Service

post-122868-0-83038100-1439048733.jpg

Very nice! A friend and I were looking through some wartime Beech newsletters the other day. There was a section for fire department news and it had this design over it, we wondered if the patch existed. Mystery solved!

Very nice! A friend and I were looking through some wartime Beech newsletters the other day. There was a section for fire department news and it had this design over it, we wondered if the patch existed. Mystery solved!

It is a cap device size.

Came in the mail today: High School Victory Corps Instructor patch. I have a felt blue disc with the rifles on it too. These are sometimes found on a red V.

This is the only one that I have seen in 9 years of collecting.

post-122868-0-07963900-1439328531.jpg

Granite City Engineer Depot patch. 1942-Korean War.

1942:

• GC Engineer’s Depot is constructed and is operated by the Army Corp of Engineers. The name was later changed to the Granite City Army Depot and then the Melvin Price Support Center. (For more information about the Melvin Price Support Center, click

here

1944:

• The Engineer’s Depot reaches a point of employing over 5,200 people. More than 1,500 officers and 2,000 enlisted men received training in engineer supply and maintenance functions at the depot that year.

post-122868-0-97931800-1439862035.jpg

Granite City Engineer Depot patch. 1942-Korean War.

1942:

• GC Engineers Depot is constructed and is operated by the Army Corp of Engineers. The name was later changed to the Granite City Army Depot and then the Melvin Price Support Center. (For more information about the Melvin Price Support Center, click
here

1944:

• The Engineers Depot reaches a point of employing over 5,200 people. More than 1,500 officers and 2,000 enlisted men received training in engineer supply and maintenance functions at the depot that year.
attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 6.39.38 PM.jpg

It was the granite city engineer depot until 1962 when it became the granite city army depot. I still think this is pre 1955 patch.