Home Front Patches

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

This is the 2nd one that I have ever seen.

"Duncan Field Sub-Depot We Keep 'em Flying patch." This was from the San Antonio Air Depot.

post-122868-0-87310500-1429754845.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this one. Ordnance Inspector. The base is on an overall uniform type fabric.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-04-18 at 11.40.06 PM.jpg

Hi Steve

The fabric is called Herringbone its regarded as a Twill fabric.

This would of been a lighter weight material used than the heavier HBT or Herringbone Twill uniform .

I like variations like this compared to the standard twill used in most patches.

Phill

Here is a bit of proof on this patch

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-05-03 at 9.57.36 PM.jpg

Great to see documentation with this patch.

I always wondered what the relationship between the Army and Auxiliary Military police.

Do you think that they would of only come under ASF for all branches assigned to ASF??

Phill

ocsfollowme

Hi Steve

The fabric is called Herringbone its regarded as a Twill fabric.

This would of been a lighter weight material used than the heavier HBT or Herringbone Twill uniform .

I like variations like this compared to the standard twill used in most patches.

Phill

Thanks for the knowledge on this one, Phill! The Boeing Aeronautical School is also Herringbone.

ocsfollowme

Great to see documentation with this patch.

I always wondered what the relationship between the Army and Auxiliary Military police.

Do you think that they would of only come under ASF for all branches assigned to ASF??

Phill

I bought the patch on eBay for $10 but the patch with certificate was $20-25. Since I only collect patches, I just went with the patch. It could be the camera, but it appears the thread was orange and yellow for these.

It probably was ASF only as seen by this below patch. It is neat to see that the certificate above was ordnance.

350132_orig.jpg

Steve

I'm impressed with that Green AMP ASF patch.

I'm glad you saved the pic with the Certificate at least I can put the AMP into some context.

Phill

ocsfollowme

It was the first reference that I have had for the AMP. I have a ton of variations of AMP patches. They fit in my collection better now.

ocsfollowme

Here is a home front patch that every kid seeking adventure would love. Hop Harrigan Says "Keep'EM Flying" All American Flying Club woven patch.

post-122868-0-53992300-1433693121.jpg

ocsfollowme

I was fortunate to win this still on my budget. I believe the other bidders were unsure if this was WW2 or not, but it is, and it pays to do your homework. I present you the Lockheed Overseas Corporation (LOC) patch

These patches were worn by the US civilian staff at the Langford Lodge located in Ireland from 1942-1944.

http://www.forgottenairfields.com/united-kingdom/northern-ireland/antrim/langford-lodge-s937.html

http://www.ulsteraviationsociety.org/usaaf-in-northern-ireland/4537284067

post-122868-0-63831300-1433857612.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
ocsfollowme

Rolls Royce Packard built Aircraft Engines manufacture wings. Together, they created the Merlin engine for the P-51 Mustang.

http://www.stallion51.com/p51-flight-ops/p51-merlin-engine.shtml

"Few would dispute the Battle of Britain was won as a result of the Merlin II and III. Another significant development was the brilliant discovery of a simple idea, by Royal Aeronautical Establishment scientist Miss Shilling: A small metal diaphragm in the float chamber of the carburetor enabled the engine to continue running during negative G situations in combat."

post-122868-0-80542000-1435634538.jpg