Home Front Patches

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

OCS nice group of patches.I like the 'KEEP EM' ALIVE' and the SPAT GUARD.

I have no clue what SPAT stands for. It looks like it is for something with the transportation corps. It is weird having the archery figure on that keep em' alive patch. I am wondering if that is a logo for a company during WW2?

ocsfollowme

This thread does not get the amount of traffic that the USA and USAAF gets. Maybe I will post over there. Your guess is as good as mine and at this point better.

firefighter

Try Need Identification

This thread does not get the amount of traffic that the USA and USAAF gets. Maybe I will post over there. Your guess is as good as mine and at this point better.

ocsfollowme

Post #154 Sacramento Army Depot. Army Material Command started in 1962 I believe. Was this insignia used prior with a predecessor unit? Researching now.

vintageproductions

Need to do some research into this one. 3.5" pocket patch. I've always liked this and finally picked it up.

I believe these are for an Aux Ambulance type home front unit.

I have both sizes.

ocsfollowme

I believe these are for an Aux Ambulance type home front unit.

I have both sizes.

At ASMIC San Diego last year, one of the dealers in the far back that has the mailing list of his items had 3x sizes of this one.

ocsfollowme

These are large wings and they come in at least 2 different color sets. I have two versions of this and one of them came with a stellar WW2 chenille AAF photographic patch. I have found maybe 3 of these in AAF patch lots and I just picked this one up by itself (though the seller had other WW2 patches). I have always thought that these were novelty patches on contract flying schools.

post-122868-0-63360300-1428465474.jpg

ocsfollowme

This is supposed to be a Westinghouse Aviation Gas Turbine Division patch. The seller had two of these. The first one sold for $83, I got his second one for $8. Pays to be patient sometimes.

post-122868-0-45374400-1428465652.jpg

ocsfollowme

This one comes in two color variations, though they are very similar. One of the cheapest ordnance guard patches out there as they routinely sell for about $12.

post-122868-0-12448300-1428558559.jpg