Home Front Patches

ocsfollowme

I have about 30 mirror patch photos that I have collected from the years that are not in the grouping that the ASMIC pub had a while ago. I am a fan of these...let me know if you would be willing to sell or trade yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure what these are. Could be decorative home front. Both are black backed threads.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-02-21 at 9.35.06 AM.jpg

I don't think these are representing an actual organization of any type. I think they are more of a fashion item, something that might be on a little boy's blazer. But that is just an educated guess.

ocsfollowme

Here is a Victory patch for something unknown. The "V" actually looks like rifles. Not sure what it stands for, but I like anything with a "V" for home front.

HD = home defense?

post-122868-0-91289900-1425931418.jpg

ocsfollowme

Here is a Navy Seabee patch from the U.S. Naval Advanced Base Depot Davisville, Rhode Island--Civil Police. Does not glow.

I think this dates around February 1942-1943...did it then become Training Center?

post-122868-0-44934300-1426572348.jpg

These are all remarkable symbols of the collective American patriotic mindset so long ago. These could be a separate pictorial history book themselves. Thanks all for sharing these awesome patches!

ocsfollowme

A fun home front training patch, Disney created, for Jacksonville, FL Naval Air Station. Must be a school novelty patch. Has the duck coming out of a hatched egg...sort of like a graduation patch.

post-122868-0-24609500-1427083742.jpg

ocsfollowme

Threat #136 is actually the Hawaii Defense Volunteers One of many local militias formed during World War II to aid regular-duty troops, the HDV were a well-organized group of Chinese and Filipino citizen-soldiers.

ocsfollowme

I was fortunate to find a small collection of patches. Still sorting through them all.

Keep Em' Alive patch

post-122868-0-64762100-1427776901.jpg