Home Front Patches

ocsfollowme

Really neat area of collecting that seems to be overlooked. I have a "Water Weasel" patch and never know what it was until I saw this thread.

thanks to everyone for posting these patches!

Here is a really neat WW2 tech rep Goodyear patch. Typical Air Corps blue and yellow. All other Goodyear patches are colored.

2664551_orig.jpg

Just curious what colors the other Goodyear patches would be? Goodyear and the AAF pretty much share similar colors.

Great patches you have been posting by the way, keep it up.

Here is a really neat WW2 tech rep Goodyear patch. Typical Air Corps blue and yellow. All other Goodyear patches are colored.

I have to echo Vance's question on the Goodyear patch. I worked for them for 15 years and have seen that exact patch on the shirts that were worn at the retail stores clear into the 1960's and early 70's. Corporate headquarters in Akron has a great museum of Goodyear memorabilia to include a Vogt F4-U cockpit.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Vance and Allan: I did some searching and most of the Goodyear patches that I saw had white borders. Allan, you would know best as you have worked there. Most of my other AAF aviation patches have had the same yellow borders. So I am not sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Smaller Boeing totem patch. Measures 3.5" in width. There are a handful of variations out there...which I am hoping to get one of each.

post-122868-0-41873000-1421130977.jpg

So this is reportedly a Victory Gardens patch by several dealers on eBay. I went through about 200 photos and 60 posters, but could not find this patch. Anyone have a clue to what it is?

post-122868-0-84991400-1421131055.jpg

Re the patch in post #118, I had one once and was told it was in fact CCC, but there is very little published reference on CCC cloth insignia to prove of disprove that.

post-3643-0-90749700-1421699285.jpgJust found these this weekend at the yearly antique show. Seller had no idea about where/when/who and at $5.00, couldn't pass them up! The small hat size one is on a twill type base. Not much info out there about this group of ladies! WWII patriotism at its best!

Re the patch in post #118, I had one once and was told it was in fact CCC, but there is very little published reference on CCC cloth insignia to prove of disprove that.

I think you are right on Vance. I think the green tree is the give a way. I have taken a bunch of screenshots of large collections from eBay, and I think I remember seeing this in a CCC collection before.

I could not find anything attributed to a Victory Gardens...unless the CCC oversaw that.

Hoping someday someone writes a book on the CCC with 3,000 patches plus that have been made for that.