My PASGT Heletms from Desert Storm and OIF

ScottG

I just thought that I would share my helmets from Desert Storm and OIF here. They are the helmets that I used and was lucky enough to be able to keep after each deployment (being a collector makes one think ahead). I just turned in some surplus store helmets. So as you can see they are both the PASGT style as my OIF deployment was 2003 and we didn't have the newer helmets yet. My three color cover has my name in English and Arabic embroidered on the back and it has a "cool-aid" insert for keeping the old noggin cool. My Desert Storm helmet has been cleaned very well but it still has a lot of sand in the goggles. Scott.

100_5001_zps0a6977e6.jpg

The inside of each. I was medevaced out from Desert Storm and the hospital people in Germany really cleaned all of my gear so that helmet has remained in great condition. The goggle and other personal gear was shipped home later and still had some cool dust and such. Scott.

100_5003_zps3d83aac0.jpg

Nice Scott! I did the same thing, and have my Desert Storm, Kosovo and OIF uniforms and kit. Any good troop knows to gather and have extra TA-50, or extra anything over time.

CHASEUSA11B

Awesome helmets-thank you for sharing and thank you for your service. Its rare to see Arabic on helmet covers and very rare to see two helmets from different wars ID'd to the same vet!