Help... This Thing Is Really A Pig To Identify!

Bugme

I got this patch as part of a patch collectors estate. 99.9% of these have been U.S. Military. However, I'm unable to identify this patch.
Is it even U.S.? Any help would be appreciated

Pig patch.jpg

Rakkasan187

This thread will be soooo Boaring.......

Sorry Sir, couldn't resist.

Something tells me it is British or Commonwealth...

Leigh

At the risk of being a bore, I can not even think of a use for such a patch, maybe 4-H club? I'll go root around some more. :)

I was just trying to save your bacon Scott...didn't mean to hog the limelight! I was maybe thinking of this British formation patch. Doesn't your state of Arkansas have a "wild boar" connection?

post-8022-0-04085600-1374767152.jpg

I was going to mention the Razorbacks of Arkansas. Their patch typically has the stars and bars around it, otherwise, I would say that probably is Brit.

RustyCanteen

I was just trying to save your bacon Scott...didn't mean to hog the limelight! I was maybe thinking of this British formation patch. Doesn't your state of Arkansas have a "wild boar" connection?

Like JS & hawdriver mentioned, the "Razorbacks" do have a boar as their mascot/logo, but I think their colors are red.

British pigs.....how boring. Sinse there is no U.S. bacon in this trough, we will have to close it.

I beg your pardon JS!! How very dare you?! "British pigs" indeed! Harrumph Sir! :o The war's been over since 1776 you know. Forgive and forget!

littlebuddy

I can see a witch hunt going on here soon !!! i was beaten to the answer to the patch :( bugger !!!

As mentioned above, the patch is the Hampshire County Division. I have a pair of these in my formation sign collection.

-Ski

X_redcatcher

I beg your pardon JS!! How very dare you?! "British pigs" indeed! Harrumph Sir! :o The war's been over since 1776 you know. Forgive and forget!

um,,,I think the UK may have different history books than we do, it did not end in 1776.... :)

um,,,I think the UK may have different history books than we do, it did not end in 1776.... :)

Mere details!

You can't make a sixpence out of a sow's ear. :)

That'll be a "silk purse" JS! ;) (Well someone's gotta bring home the bacon!)

That'll be a "silk purse" JS! ;) (Well someone's gotta bring home the bacon!)

Yes Ian, but I want to bring a British flavor to it! You know.....those fine Walsh hogs!

Garth Thompson

A member asked a legitimate question and gets one good response plus a bunch of really stupid ones. Any wonder there are quite a few members who no longer post anything from their collections.

Garth, this thread should have been closed after post 12. It was not, and I'm sure the author had every possible ability to close it. A bit of fun is not a bad thing, and making disparaging remarks about such a fun thread is a surprise from you.

Garth Thompson

Garth, this thread should have been closed after post 12. It was not, and I'm sure the author had every possible ability to close it. A bit of fun is not a bad thing, and making disparaging remarks about such a fun thread is a surprise from you.

R,

The thread went from fun to silly to ridiculous in very short order. I had a discussion just this day with a very serious medal collector who could add a lot to the forum but will not due in part to threads degenerating pretty much like this one did.

G