Help... This Thing Is Really A Pig To Identify!

Bugme

I got this patch as part of a patch collectors estate. 99.9% of these have been U.S. Military. However, I'm unable to identify this patch.
Is it even U.S.? Any help would be appreciated

Pig patch.jpg

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

I think it's actually a wild boar....and possibly British...though I can't be 100% sure yet.

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Rakkasan187

This thread will be soooo Boaring.......

Sorry Sir, couldn't resist.

Something tells me it is British or Commonwealth...

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr  - US Army (Retired)

I was just trying to save your bacon Scott...didn't mean to hog the limelight! I was maybe thinking of this British formation patch. Doesn't your state of Arkansas have a "wild boar" connection?

post-8022-0-04085600-1374767152.jpg

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

RustyCanteen

I was just trying to save your bacon Scott...didn't mean to hog the limelight! I was maybe thinking of this British formation patch. Doesn't your state of Arkansas have a "wild boar" connection?

Like JS & hawdriver mentioned, the "Razorbacks" do have a boar as their mascot/logo, but I think their colors are red.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Spot on! Well done that man! ;)

http://www.petergh.f2s.com/flashes.html

post-8022-0-01189300-1374773036.jpg

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

British pigs.....how boring. Sinse there is no U.S. bacon in this trough, we will have to close it.

I beg your pardon JS!! How very dare you?! "British pigs" indeed! Harrumph Sir! :o The war's been over since 1776 you know. Forgive and forget!

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

littlebuddy

I can see a witch hunt going on here soon !!! i was beaten to the answer to the patch :( bugger !!!

WANTED : RAF 1940 PATT FLYING BOOTS

WANTED : DINGHY TYPE K ,TYPE A

" ALWAYS WANTING USAAF ITEMS IN THEIR ORIGINAL PACKAGING "

"WOULD ALSO LIKE 487th FS AND 515TH BS RELATED ITEMS "

"Illegitmi non carborundum"

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Ok. I see that John L squealed and provided the answer! :)

Scott, that patch may be original, but I don't think its kosher! :D

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

As mentioned above, the patch is the Hampshire County Division. I have a pair of these in my formation sign collection.

-Ski

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

X_redcatcher

I beg your pardon JS!! How very dare you?! "British pigs" indeed! Harrumph Sir! :o The war's been over since 1776 you know. Forgive and forget!

um,,,I think the UK may have different history books than we do, it did not end in 1776.... :)

Always looking for Items from the 110th Pennsylvania Volunteers 1861-1865

2nd_zps212583d3.jpg

Proud Veteran of the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment 1987-1989

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

littlebuddy

looks like it could be starting again !!!!! :o:o

WANTED : RAF 1940 PATT FLYING BOOTS

WANTED : DINGHY TYPE K ,TYPE A

" ALWAYS WANTING USAAF ITEMS IN THEIR ORIGINAL PACKAGING "

"WOULD ALSO LIKE 487th FS AND 515TH BS RELATED ITEMS "

"Illegitmi non carborundum"

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

um,,,I think the UK may have different history books than we do, it did not end in 1776.... :)

Mere details!

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

You can't make a sixpence out of a sow's ear. :)

That'll be a "silk purse" JS! ;) (Well someone's gotta bring home the bacon!)

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Garth Thompson

A member asked a legitimate question and gets one good response plus a bunch of really stupid ones. Any wonder there are quite a few members who no longer post anything from their collections.

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER HAS SADLY PASSED AWAY**

Garth, this thread should have been closed after post 12. It was not, and I'm sure the author had every possible ability to close it. A bit of fun is not a bad thing, and making disparaging remarks about such a fun thread is a surprise from you.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/301020-robin-ray/

Garth Thompson

Garth, this thread should have been closed after post 12. It was not, and I'm sure the author had every possible ability to close it. A bit of fun is not a bad thing, and making disparaging remarks about such a fun thread is a surprise from you.

R,

The thread went from fun to silly to ridiculous in very short order. I had a discussion just this day with a very serious medal collector who could add a lot to the forum but will not due in part to threads degenerating pretty much like this one did.

G