Is there a good reference book for jeeps?

cutiger83

Ian's recent thread on the jeeps from the show got me interested in the many variations of equipment and configurations for the vehicles. Is there a good reference book showing pictures of how jeeps were outfitted during the war? Is there one dedicated just to jeeps?

Thanks in advance for any help....Kat

Ian,

Thanks for the tip. Osprey books are great! Do you have any in your reference collection?

...Kat

Ospreys? Lots of them! I used to proof-read for them in a previous life.

RustyCanteen

Another neat book on WWII jeeps is "Jeep, Jeep, Jeep!" which I couldn't find on Amazon, it may be out of print now.

It was filled with WWII theater (and some stateside) photos of WWII Jeeps in use and even covered the occupation era in Japan and the early Korean War re-use of WWII Jeeps.

Another neat book on WWII jeeps is "Jeep, Jeep, Jeep!" which I couldn't find on Amazon, it may be out of print now.

It was filled with WWII theater (and some stateside) photos of WWII Jeeps in use and even covered the occupation era in Japan and the early Korean War re-use of WWII Jeeps.

Now this sounds exactly like the kind of book I am looking for. I will add it to my list to keep on the radar.

Thanks for the tip! ....Kat