M-14 finally complete! Thanks Bob!

hawkdriver

Today was a monumental day, I fnally got the final piece for my M-14 display, a E2 bipod. Mr. Bob was gracious enough to sell me his bipod and it arrived today. Here she is in all her glory.

2py5a94.jpg

15yd5g.jpg

2d9bspx.jpg

2z5t5y0.jpg

27xjjoz.jpg

And with it's younger brother installed.

ofagp3.jpg

2yuxa3o.jpg

Steve, what receiver did you use for the build?

It's a Springfield M1A. Stock come from Camp Perry and it has a dummy kit for the auto portion.

Good grief! That cannon scope you have on top of it is going to break the stock...

Just kidding, I like the look.

The stock looks like what is referred to as a "Big Red." They were made by Winchester and are just beefier in areas. They are very comfortable to shoot, and in fact most competition shooters really love them. Nowadays they are getting harder to find and starting to command a little bit of a premium when you do find them.

Nice rifle!

ReverendJake

Great job. I have some nice pictures of M-14 in country with starlight scopes. I'll have the link for you in a minute.

The stock looks like what is referred to as a "Big Red." They were made by Winchester and are just beefier in areas. They are very comfortable to shoot, and in fact most competition shooters really love them. Nowadays they are getting harder to find and starting to command a little bit of a premium when you do find them.

Nice rifle!

That would account for why it was at Perry then. It is a nice stock. I do like the feel of this weapon when I fire it. Really looking forward to shooting it with the bipod now.

Nice looking rifle. Looks like you may have an early flat buckle sling on it.

Yes, it is, and if I wasn't so lazy right now, I would go look as opposed to guessing, but I think it is dated 62.

Great job. I have some nice pictures of M-14 in country with starlight scopes. I'll have the link for you in a minute.

Great, now I am going to have to find a Vietnam era suppressor for it, gee thanks ;)

ReverendJake

Great, now I am going to have to find a Vietnam era suppressor for it, gee thanks ;)

Maybe an E2 stock as well haha

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with talking in absolutes, such as "complete" is that you usually get embarrassed by it. Today, my M-14 grenade launcher showed up, so couldn't help going outside and play with it. Here are the M1A2 launcher with a M-61 grenade, and the M31.

206yce1.jpg

n5hqav.jpg

i5437n.jpg

2m2gd3d.jpg

my favorite rifle---expert at ft lewis in 1969---wish i had one today. say, aren't we related on your great aunt martha's second cousin's late uncle's side, twice removed, by marriage? so, shouldn't i be in your will, just in case?

Sure thing! That close of a relative entitles you to a 8 1/2 X 11 glossy photo of it in it's glory ;)

After looking at the pictures again, I'm thinking it would be interesting to find some grenade blanks to fire that thing.