10th Mountain 3 piece pot set

JosephC

Found this one at a antique show near Syracuse NY - didnt know what it was at time of purchase but the utensils set inside was german wwii era so went with it. I found out it is a mountain pot set. The outter pot is dated 1944 and the inner one is 1945. Is this set unusual/rare? What is it worth roughly? Thanks.

post-967-0-14953500-1374533304.jpg

post-967-0-77006300-1374533313.jpg

Taking another look at the utensils. Looks like a German set I think I see the German eagle w/ swastika underneath.

Bob

craig_pickrall

I have no idea of current value. These sets were released by the thousands back in the 70's. I went thru the ones at my favorite surplus store (at that time). I picked out 10 or 12 sets in new condition. I was looking for variables on makers or dates. All of them I bought were new and I got them for $5 per set at that time. When issued there is a paper label telling how to use and clean the pots. Since the label is missing on yours and the parts are mismatched I would guess it was put together from parts of separate sets that were used in the field. Your set is in very nice condition.

The utensil set is definitely WWII German as I have an identical set. The WWII mountain cook sets are not rare and after going to the web to check, I found mint examples with label are going for over $100.

Bob