"War & Peace" 2013....the vehicles, part 1. VERY pic heavy!

Sabrejet

The fully functioning British WW1 narrow gauge railway track / locomotive brought in and specially laid for the show.

post-8022-0-51275500-1374559715.jpg

I sneakily took this shot in the line as we were waiting to get into the showground on Sunday! Frankly...I've no idea how this woman got away with openly carrying a firearm like that?! In this country, it is highly illegal, punishable with a custodial sentence. She was there with her husband and 3-4 year old kid, dressed in civilian clothes and had nothing to do with the displays inside the showground where blank-firers etc are permitted. I'm sure to her it was just a "cool pose". It may, or may not have been a replica...I didn't ask...but either way had a police officer spotted her it wouldn't have mattered. Instant arrest! :o

post-8022-0-48415200-1374562484.jpg

As a reminder of how potentially dangerous these large scale events can be, on Saturday morning there was an incident whereby (as I understand it) a re-enactor was handling a pyrotechnic thunderflash, as used in the mock battle scenes, and it exploded in his hand, costing him a finger or two and causing some disruption whilst the emergency services attended the scene. :o

Ian, the shear volume of this thread will take sometime to absorb. You ended on a high note, always good to see Mrs. Sabrejet!!

Thank you JS. Gratifying to know that at least somebody out there appreciates my efforts! :)

A partial panorama of "Patton's Field"...it was BIG! The loose earth in the foreground is a part of the WW1 trench system. There were two other similar fields, plus the trader village!

post-8022-0-47269800-1374594195.jpg

WW1 British trench. Those re-enactors deserve medals for enduring several days of high temps/humidity dressed in those heavy woolen uniforms! :o

post-8022-0-08630400-1374594496.jpg

Ian,

Are all of these vehicles owned by local collectors, or do companies own and restore them for display. Any out of country participants ?