US, Military, or Not?

hirsca

Came in a small box of US rank, DUI's, BOS, etc. The white parts are ceramic/porcelain inserts, not painted on. Slightly curved. Open C catch and pin opens to about 60 degrees. No maker's mark. Measures a bit over 1" wide. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-49817800-1374519570.jpg

ColdWarRules

I know British chevrons are sometimes white and curved more than U.S ones. But I'm not 100% sure.

-Nick

I agree it's probably from one of the British Commonwealth countries. I would suspect it was made to be worn pinned on some sort of field cap. JMHO.

littlebuddy

The more i look at it , it reminds me of the rank insignia worn by British sevice men in fact im going to stick my neck out and say it is British ! looks very similar to the rank insinia used by the Army Catering Corps on their "whites"

LB

littlebuddy

Thanks to all for the comments.

LB--What rank would that be if British?

Thanks, Al.

Al it would be a Corporal LB

Thanks guys---2 stripes = corporal for both Brits and Yanks. So.....would this be worn on a collar--or a garrison cap? Thanks again, Al.

littlebuddy

Thanks guys---2 stripes = corporal for both Brits and Yanks. So.....would this be worn on a collar--or a garrison cap? Thanks again, Al.

how big is it Al ??? the british dont wear there rank insignia on their head dress, only on epaulettes and sleeves but in our modern day forces they are worn on the front of their "combat fatigues " by using the buttons on the front !

HOPE THIS HELPS

LB

how big is it Al ??? the british dont wear there rank insignia on their head dress, only on epaulettes and sleeves but in our modern day forces they are worn on the front of their "combat fatigues " by using the buttons on the front !

HOPE THIS HELPS

LB

A tad over 1" wide. Came with a large grouping of WW2 US and TR items. Any pictures showing how this type of insignia was worn? Thanks again, Al.