Post WW2 officer EGA for the Barracks Cover

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

An interesting Eagle has just landed in the nest. Pictured is a NS Meyer hallmarked Barracks Cover EGA for the service dress blues. Its design is based on the pattern of 1936. Its superbly proportioned, and depicts a pleasing woven rope pattern as well. For many the design of the continents is a wonderful pattern that is complementary to the throw-back design of the eagles legs which are patterned after many designs of the 20's.

By this point, Meyer (or whomever) was making this emblem, had not continued to keep their molds up as exhibited by the mediocre detailing of the eagle and the hallmark on the reverse. Nonetheless the fret work exhibited on the globe is likely as detailed as you will ever see on an emblem from this period. I believe this emblem was made about the time of the Korean war. BTW, who says there are no deals to be had on ebay. My winning bid was $23 and change... thumbsup.gif

NS_meyer_barracks_cover_EGA_post_WW2_001.jpg

robert60446

Jesus Christ - Beautifully crafted EGA! Judging by the wear I don’t think this example was ever in the “service”. Is number on the reverse 216 or 210?

Ps. Congratulations on this great looking catch! Price tag of $23 makes it even more painful to swallow…;-)

teufelhunde.ret

What a coincidence, its predecessor... the mid war version with silver components appeared on ebay this morning. Note the dual hallmarks, same poorly detailed eagle and different fret work upon the globe. Yes, the number is 210 on the one I posted and appears on almost all of the era. I believe is was the USMC approval number. s/f Darrell

NS_Meyer_ww2_dress_cap.jpg

NS_Meyer_ww2_dress_cap1.jpg