Woodland GORE-TEX Poncho/Shelter Half

Ben@HI

I don't think very many of the IMPS units were ever issued.

A neat idea though, combination of an individual tent/sleeping enclosure and a poncho.

See a photo of the "tent" mode erected here -

BosZHR2kKGrHqUOKjcEtzIYhgIBLobNklDC.jpg

• 9 months later...
Allen Dail

Got busy and forgot to post scan of the pic in the magazine from page 52 Popular Mechanics Dec 1986

post-2506-0-56538700-1400708545.jpg

Bob Hudson

Just saw this thread for the first time. The contract number probably starts with DAAK 60, which is the contract authority for the Natick Research & Development Center.

Linedoggie

An Ecotat, we had them in 27th E-Bde. made of the goretex parka weight material. the "Skylight is waterproof. Comes with Olive green aluminum shock poles pre bent

• 3 years later...
PriorityOne

I recently got an Ecotat Shelter brand new with the manual and a pamphlet and though it might be useful to post.

post-153263-0-99711400-1495659689.png

PriorityOne

I didn't want to scan the entire instruction booklet because it 17 pages long, but here is the front cover. If anyone want to see them I can scan them.

post-153263-0-00057300-1495660115.png

There was another thread on this item I'm having trouble locating right now. F 2/4 tested this for the Marine Corps in 87/88. It was designed to replace the shelter half, poncho, rain suit, and also be worn as a short coat or long coat. We ended up calling it the Ginsu because it was advertised to do so many things. It got a thumbs down because it just was too dang complicated to reconfigure all the time. One of the selling points was that you could set the hooch up and stick your head up out of it in an LP/OP. Didn't quite get the tactics on that.

phantomfixer

I bought a couple at Aberdeen one year...not really waterproof when set up and hot...these had a screen zipper on the side...but still hot...use it to cover my charcoal grill now...

Bob Hudson

As noted above, the contract starts with DAAK 60, issued by the Natick Research & Development Center: these look like something that never made it past it past the field testing. Maybe the reviews from 27th E-Bde squashed it :)