Japanese Type 99 rifle and bayonet

mvmhm

The family that donated the 1915 Prussian heavy cavalry helmet previously posted at

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/181863-1915-pattern-prussian-kurassier-heavy-cavalry-spiked-helmet/

stopped by today with this T-99 rifle...Dave remembers playing with both of them as a kid....the mum is ground, but the stock is in great shape and overall so is the metal. This type never had a monopod or AA sights. The bayonet is fair, and it looks like someone stepped on the scabbard and nearly broke it in half, then bent it back again....it's not too sexy right now but a little loving and it'll look good...the man who previously owned the house was a man named McClain, who I'm trying to track down now.....and no, it's not John mcClain!

Mark sends

post-3423-0-35742200-1374271537.jpg

It's looking better..cleaned the surface rust off this morning, but it needs a good oiling, the bayonet was hard to remove and the bolt has absolutely no lubrication on it. It's a Nagoya 7th Series transitional between the early and last ditch styles.

Mark sends

Nice rifle, to keep the stock on my 1917 rifle looking good, I use good quality wood wax, in a block, not your spray stuff. as for the metal, I use a oily rag sooked in WD40, this I also use on the moving parts.