WWII M2 Jungle First Aid Kit. Opinions? Manufacturer Question to.

knd643

Hi. I saw this 1943 dated M2 Jungle first aid kit for sale. I was wondering what you guys thought of it. Also I know the M2 Jungle first aid kit started being manufactured in 1943. Does anyone know the manufacturers who made the M2 Jungle first aid kit and for how long?

Thank you.

post-104203-0-33185900-1374266724.png

The jungle kits made during WWII were made from 1943 through 1945. They were also made during Vietnam. I'm sure there were lots of makers, Hopefully somebody else can tell you who they were.

If one was inclined they could go to eBay and do a search for "jungle kit" auctions and completed listings and I bet you could have a comprehensive list of manufacturers and years in about 45 minutes but I am sure someone here already has that list though. eBay is an excellent research tool for these types of things.

RustyCanteen

Craig and me are working on a list of manufacters, but we are no where near ready to open it to the membership yet. It's just one of the many improvements we hope to make to the field gear reference sections.

Craig and me are working on a list of manufacters, but we are no where near ready to open it to the membership yet. It's just one of the many improvements we hope to make to the field gear reference sections.

Cant wait for that.

Thanks.

If one was inclined they could go to eBay and do a search for "jungle kit" auctions and completed listings and I bet you could have a comprehensive list of manufacturers and years in about 45 minutes but I am sure someone here already has that list though. eBay is an excellent research tool for these types of things.

Never thought about doing that.

Thanks.

craig_pickrall

There is a large thread here in the reference section on the JFAK. That shows many of the manufacturers .