portland mvpa meet 24 july and following....

I will be attending, but unfortunately will not have any vendor tables because my "buddy" screwed up and didn't reserve any for me, despite my specific request. (This is the last time I let him be in charge of anything.)

I will probably be there Saturday only.

Traditionally, there is all kinds of good stuff - heavy on vehicle items, and most of the big-name vendors are there. Plenty of local and national militaria vendors, reenactors, and display only stuff plus it is being held in conjunction with the regular gun show, so there should be something for everyone.

Collecting 3rd Armored Division items of all kinds from all eras, specializing in the 36th Armored Infantry Regiment.

For those who are coming and haven't heard already, I'm going to put on a large WW2 War Correspondent/Photographer display with a pal of mine who's also a member (we're leaving the Jeeps at home, though), already signed up for the display spot (V11 on the map, about halfway down the left wall as you walk in, any forum members say howdy if you're there!)
MVPAdisplayWeb_zps35aeb435.jpg
I'm spending the next couple of days getting everything together to take to Portland...

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

I'll be there! I've got a sale table booked and I'll be bringing an assortment of helmets, field gear and some uniform bits and pieces to sell.

Looking forward to it! See you guys there!

Rick

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2017.gif

Collector of WWII M-1helmets and WWII Airborne items

I'll be there! I've got a sale table booked and I'll be bringing an assortment of helmets, field gear and some uniform bits and pieces to sell.

Looking forward to it! See you guys there!

Rick

anything from the seaforths or black watch?

Portland was a blast. The Corresondent display wasn't quite what I'd had in mind, both myself and Bryan overestimated the size of the display area, even after it'd been expanded. A lot of my war correspondent stuff never got out of the container, but for what I had, I was pleased with how it turned out, and was certainly pleased with our joint display overall. We seem to have gotten a very favorable reaction from those who got to see it. We didn't win any awards, though, but that wasn't why we set it up, anyway.
MVPAportland001_zps80e2af8c.jpg
MVPAlee4_zps0014b0ca.jpg
And here are some shots from some of the more interesting stuff I saw:
MVPAportland034_zps78f2ef53.jpg

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

Thanks for adding the pics Lee. Wasn't able to make it down there.

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

Lee,

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like a good show.

Where did you find such a life-like mannequin to man the typewriter?! :lol:

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Lee,

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like a good show.

Where did you find such a life-like mannequin to man the typewriter?! :lol:

I thought he looked a little stiff!.... :D ...looks like a great show!....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

• 2 months later...

I know I'm whining here, but I was very disappointed to get the current Army Motors issue yesterday with coverage of the convention and found that ours was the only display that was never mentioned or had photos shown. Many much smaller displays all got mentioned.

I'm not sure why we were singled out to be specifically excluded from any mention.

We've both decided we're never going to waste our time with an MVPA event ever again.