Auction surprise

doyler

Viewed an auction last week end and found this mixed in amonst the other items.THere was a WW1 uniform as well but it was void of division patch.Had cav collar disc and a Mexican Border ribbon plus two overseas stripes plus pack and cartridge belt.I was told there were items from two families at the auction.O left a bid with a friend.

I was happy to get this.Its a bit stiff but they are hard to find in any condition

post-342-0-42355900-1374112176.jpg

post-342-0-42796100-1374112217.jpg44444

RustyCanteen

Great find Ron!! That's a very pleasant surprise!

I'm sure you won't, but I would suggest not attempting to fold that thing up.

THanks

The auction people said it all came out of a trunk.It was hanging on a rack and I didnt even take it off the rack to look it over.

My jealousy is flaring!

Yeah no kidding! He finds this and I can't even find a blanket that isn't over $75. So what's the secret to scoring big?

Catfishcraig

You are an auction king! Between this and the usmc camo you picked up a year or two ago you have done well. Congrats

Yeah no kidding! He finds this and I can't even find a blanket that isn't over $75. So what's the secret to scoring big?

Pure blind luck.................

RD.......you don't really expect us to believe that?? :lol:

I don't believe that either. I asked to start training as his padawan, so hands off bitches!

What a great find! Is there a tag in it indicating manufacturer and date? Can we see a picture of the back? Is there a triangular piece at the top of the split in the back? I ask because I'd be interested to know if this raincoat is of the 1918 or 1919 specs.

I don't believe that either. I asked to start training as his padawan, so hands off bitches!

I just can't pass this one up!! WELL SAID..... :lol:

:)

Hawk...no padawan.Just a roached out single wide trailer in the middle of a secluded cornfield with OD wool blankets for curtains.This week its more of a sweat lodge....... :blush:;)

RD.......you don't really expect us to believe that?? :lol:

Just a blind squirell finding a nut...once in a while :)