Help Identify Pre WW1 or 2 pants

craig johnson

craig johnson

Philadelphia Quartermaster made pants. Appears unissued but my have had one large button installed.

Please help identify model and era.

July20132%20013-L.jpg

July20132%20012-L.jpg

July20132%20009-L.jpg

July20132%20011-L.jpg

July20132%20014-L.jpg

July20132%20010-L.jpg

RustyCanteen

I think the top button may be original, it looks like it might be CCC; though I have never seen this exact pattern before.

craig johnson

Thanks for the tip. Gives me a direction to start searching. If it turns out to be CCC than I will probably sell them...

They look a lot like the M-1918 straight leg pants. The idea was to save cloth by eliminating the bulge at the thigh that the M-1917's have. They were still worn with leggings which is why the bottom of the legs are pegged. The cloth tape at the waist is a new one on me though, I assume so a belt would not be needed to further conserve material. They may be a prototype with that beltless feature. Also I am pretty sure that the button arrangement is original.

• 5 months later...

Close but not the same. The CCC also wore a straight leg trouser, but this is something different. Actually this is wool serge rather than the coarse wool found on the 1918 straight leg trousers.

All I can say I have already said. They share similarities to the CCC trousers I have seen but have a lot of differences. Strange trousers.

RC