Show Your Plates

12A54

Let's see your plates - rank, unit, or other interesting plates for mounting on vehicles.

Mods - please move to vehicles if that's more appropriate.

Here's a modern Major General's star plate. Measures 9w x 6h with stars that are 1 7/8 tip to tip.

post-9621-0-03455700-1373986759.jpg

I sold them to someone on this board some time back, but I had an entire star plate set. Went from full Colonel up through four star. What we put on the side of aircraft when hauling DV's

Here's a single (unofficial, local fabrication) plate; General on one side, Lt. General on the other. Used on the windshield (inside) of a sedan and HUMMWV. Stars are decals. Square tabs are velcro.

post-9621-0-62486200-1374504552.jpg

post-9621-0-22019900-1374504564.jpg

uniformcollector

I sold them to someone on this board some time back, but I had an entire star plate set. Went from full Colonel up through four star. What we put on the side of aircraft when hauling DV's

I didn't know there was a license plate for the rank of Colonel. Do you have a photo?

I don't have rank plates, but I do have a Cav Squadron Commanders antenna pennant that I "kinda found" one late morning in Korea many many moons ago, right before getting on the plane to return to the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a stock number for the modern plates? I didn't know they existed anymore and we have always painted our own for the aircraft.

Mike

I was an Aide and recall that the GO got issued the belt, pistol, flag, and star plate upon promotion. His issued plate (like the first one shown above) was on a shelf in his office. Locally fabricated ones (like the one shownin post 6) are what we actually used. I believe the official plates were issued through GOMO (General Officer Management Office in the Pentagon).

• 5 years later...