Little birdie spoke today, didn't believe him, found a 92 slide

hawkdriver

Do you go to gun shows and see the same vendors with the same stuff every show for years and years? We have a routine vendor that for years had a Thompson Contender with a small belt of SAW blanks sticking out of the butt. Well, today, I stopped by another vendor that has had the same boxes of junk for at least four years. I usually walk past him and pay him no attention because of four tables, he has never had anything I was remotely interested in, normally old style foreign rifles. This weekend gun show was a little lacking and when I walked past this guys table, my little birdie told me to stop and look.

I started the dig. In the past, I did the quick part of this very box, but this time, I actually dug to the bottom of the box. I really need to pay that little birdie more in finder fees as this is what was laying in the bottom.

mwxhrn.jpg

ndu9ub.jpg

2rza2dy.jpg

ffcyl1.jpg

Good find! Try and get a hold of a beat up police trade-in Beretta 92 to use as a base for the frame. All you need then is the lowest bidder magazines and a 1/2 pound of sand :D

The mags are no problem, I think I can find the frame, the hard part is going to be finding substandard talcum powder sand.

The mags are no problem, I think I can find the frame, the hard part is going to be finding substandard talcum powder sand.

Check your gear and uniforms that you wore over there. I'm sure there is still plenty left in the creases and pockets!

Perhaps a dumb question but am I missing something here? I have had several of these pistols and still own one 92F, which wasn't that expensive, $425.00 if I recall. At any rate, is it that much cheaper to build one or is it simply the U.S. stamp on the slide? Scott.

The U.S. on the slide makes it military. Finding military parts outside of a General's purchased weapon is nearly impossible to find.

I may be wrong but I recall the PX selling an authentic M9 clone with the US slide. But Hawk, you are correct, the way things are accounted for today, that makes a real surplus one pretty rare.

Thanks for the info, mine is actually at my in-laws house in a gun safe. I never brought it to the new house when I moved... I will try to get over there and report what is on the slide. Scott

I called my Father in Law and here is what the slide says on my pistol and his.

His= M92F Pietro Beretta Gardone VT Made in Italy

Mine= M92FS Model 92FS Caliber 9mm Parabellum Pat. Beretta USA Corporation ACKK PB

Hope this helps, Scott

So, then the clones do not have U.S. on the slide. That would make this one a military slide. Now, I need to take it to a gunsmith to make sure it is perfectly functional.

My Father in law mentioned that there were some "clones" with US on the side. My FS is actually an upgraded model that Beretta had to make due to some US Military "test to destruction" trials that Beretta was forced to undertake. So my understanding is that there are US M9 marked pistols that are not issue, but that there are also civilian marked models made in Italy and the US. Scott

I think I will pull the slide of my civvie and compare them. I'm seeing that my slide is slightly different than the one in the AR-15 description. Thanks for the links guys.