pouch, medical, parachutist. 1950 info needed

bheskett

Can anyone give me info on this chest pouch ? Were they unused in combat, value, whst the markings on the top flap meanThanks. Bob

post-3384-0-41453900-1373826720.jpgpost-3384-0-24293300-1373826737.jpg

Quartermaster

Have you Googled up "pouch, medical, parachutist"?

With just a little time skimming over the findings, I found quite a bit of information.

Sorry it this is taken as anything but trying to be helpful.

Rakkasan187

This is a medic pouch which for all intent and purposes is "jumpable" meaning the medic exited the door of the aircraft wearing this attached to his parachute harness and gear. This was a standard medics pouch for troopers of the 187th ABRCT in Korea. Other Airborne units of that time also used this gear.

Leigh

Quartermaster

Thanks for the reply. I did not take your post as anything but helpful. I did look it up and found some information like you mentioned in your post just not what I was after Thanks Again

Bob

Leigh

Thanks for your post as well. Not being an Airborne guy I was after specifics just like you list

thanks to both

Bob

The picture is kind of dark on my screen but the size makes me think it could also be individually airdropped; a resupply bundle full of IVs would be just too heavy too jump. Nice, versatile piece of equipment. I'd give you around $30 ;-}