My latest southern gem

emccomas

Been looking for one of these for a while. Just got this off of Ebay. Came with the original numbered box.

This United Daughters of the Confederacy Cross of Military Service for Korea was awarded to Wilbur P. Clarke for his service during the Korean Conflict by the UDC Gen. Robert Bullock Chapter in Ocala, Florida. His Confederate ancestor was his great-great-grandfather, Solomon Cicero Bost.

post-12036-0-64849400-1373744229.jpg

post-12036-0-90137500-1373744237.jpg

firefighter

Beautiful medal.Did they change the ribbon depending on the war? The medal you have looks to have a Korean War type ribbon.

That's marvelous! I've been looking for a Korean War example for many years, and they are not exactly easy to find, much less, one with it's matching box. Congratulations!

G

Thanks guys. I have a couple of WW1 and WWII UDC CMS medals. This is my first Korea CMS. Still looking for a Spanish American War CMS, Vietnam CMS, and of course, I would REALLY love to find a Pioneers in Space UDC award

The variations on these UDC medals is vast...

Split wrap brooch, full wrap brooch, slot brooch, crimp brooch...full size medals and miniature medals...lapel pins...service ribbons.

I haven't yet scratched the surface.