Jump to content

Here's a "What the...?" is it Find

Recommended Posts

Found this at a local antique show and could not resist the unknown.... Appears to have the look of a military item of some type. Some kind of wheel chock? Shown with pen for scale, weighs a bit over 11#s and has lots of spikes on the bottom. Stamped with "WE21779" on one end. Made of white oak and the bolts go through it lengthwise.


Any thoughts appreciated!


Best regards,

- Mike


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, it looks like a wooden wheel chock.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheel chock no question ...............................

Best bet for an ID unless someone on the forum recognizes it "service" is to look at old aircraft photos that are on the gorund parked in lines etc , you may find the type in one ...........................

Link to post
Share on other sites

That color is a standard 'Apple Green' that a crap load of civilian wood and iron tools, and tool boxes of the 30's 40's were painted, looks like the chocks my grandpa had for working on his car! I believe he originally bought them for his 36 Ford, according to my Dad.


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.